Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 - Weights Exercise calorie error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded from a Charge 4 to Charge 5.  I have used the Charge 4 successfully for tracking cardio (running, walking, misc) and weight training in the past.

Today, I used the Charge 5 for the first time to track weight training.  In the app, it's reporting a calorie burn of over 1000 cal for a 30min workout, which is obviously wrong. However, the total calorie burn seems reasonable for the total burnt so far today.  

It seems like this is just a reporting error in the app.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Look at the workout summary.  You've got all the data detail there.  Calories are based on heart rate.  Look at heart rate chart does it look reasonable?  Look at calorie burn per minute chart.  Is it constant?  Huge spikes?  You have all the information there to figure it out with a bit of detective work.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate looks fine and as expected from previous weight training in the past (average 113 bpm, with spikes during sets).  But the "Energy" tab shows

"1105 Cal  46 cal/min"

But the chart shows nothing above 10 and an average closer to 7 (assuming that's calories as well).  But as I said previously, the total for the day as of 2:30p is 2300 calories total (including both the weight training and a light jog for another 30 minutes).High exercise calsHigh exercise calsEnergy data for exerciseEnergy data for exerciseTotal cals for day so farTotal cals for day so farHeart rate during exerciseHeart rate during exercise

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wrong and you were right.  There is nothing there that I can see to explain it other than Fitbit making some crazy calculation error, or just printing the number wrong there, because, as you said, it didn't use that crazy number in daily total.

No idea.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes