Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery and other issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have given up trying to salvage my Charge 5, like many other posts I have battery issues compounded with other black screen experiences.  The unit was less than 14 month old when the issues became serious. Following up on my earlier posting on an another thread this is a summary of what has been happening. 

1) Low battery reports - randomly get notification that battery was very low, show less than 5%. Connect charger and restart the unit shows 75% full immediately 

2) Unless I connect the charger and restart - the unit shuts down shortly after. This happens regularly. 

3) If I invoke any feature such as ECG, the unit shuts down immediately

4) Fitbit app tells me to connect via Bluetooth, but it can not connect to the charge 5

5) I get no message notification on the unit from the phone

6) a few month ago, there was a period of 2 months  when sleep quality reports were not being provided,  regularly had me go through restarts, deleting user data, etc.. this helped for a day or two, but then stopped again. I gave up trying, but then by magic they started again on their own. 

I talked to support about the battery issues, they confirmed that I was getting about 1.6 days of use between low battery warnings.  And they told me they would investigate.  A couple of days later they told me it was out of warranty, and offered me 50% discount - but not for a charge 6. When I told them I wanted to replace with a like device (another Charge) , and not with some other product, they told me that I would now get a 35% (down from 50%), but still not on anything I wanted.

The firmware version on my unit is still the 188.57, so I suspect that there is a defect in the unit which the firmware upgrade issues reported by others make more pronounced. 

I expect a device of this type to last 4 to 5 years, I have asked for an 80% discount on a Charge 6, but Fitbit support has not gone quiet.  With the number if users experiencing issues of this type, I would expect better. 

Time to reconsider using Fitbit products

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0