Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining quickly after the update

Updated the firmware on my Charge 5 and immediately the battery, which had no issues previously, started draining within 24 hours. Three days later it is now completely dead and won't charge. Fitbit is taking zero responsibility for this even though it is their update that caused the issue. I'm assuming other people are experiencing this as well? I find it completely unacceptable...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

My charge 5 has serious battery drain after recent update. It has 99% battery in the morning and drops to 40% in the afternoon. Now it needs to be charged everyday. Hope this can be fixed very soon.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and my device is also struggling to hold a charge. Would like a solution.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. Working fine one minute, then black screen. Tried the reset multiple times to no avail. I also changed the clock screen, but have not been able to see it.  Vibration works and for now it still tracks, but as of today, the battery started draining very quickly. Software was updated last Sunday and begin to have issues on Friday. Haven't seen a resolution yet.

Best Answer

Yes, same here. After firmware update, dead as can be after 2 days. Busy dealing with customer care. Charge 5 is just over a year old and I’m not happy. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, only 6 months with it too.

Best Answer

Is there a way to roll back this update?  I am having the same issue and not happy at all.  4 hours and it is dead!

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit as @Karinewi posted, is there a way to rollback the update?

Best Answer

Same here, hoping my warranty covers this as it's under a year. If so many people have issues, surely they can't just say "deal with it"?

Best Answer

I'll be contacting support today. Stay tuned 

Best Answer

I am in the same vote.

Not happy at all - please let us know what happens with the support team.

Best Answer

Also a part of the firmware update now won't hold a charge for more than a few hours club.

Best Answer

Any acknowledgement at all moderators?

@LizzyFitbit @MarreFitbit @CrisVillaFitbit 

Best Answer

Mine was 14 months and that was the response I got. I told them why would I pay hundreds more for a watch I now know doesn't work and they don't support. I asked if they'd meet me halfway with a discount on a newer model and they stated due to their knew contract with Google they cannot offer promo codes to unwarranteed members. Peace out fitbit

Best Answer

Same as others.  Recent update to my charge 5 performed, battery draining within the day, This morning it’s completely dead, will not charge.  

Best Answer

Hello everyone, it is really nice to see new faces around the Community Forums. 

I would advise to read this help article, which lists the features that can affect your device's battery life, in light of what you guys have said.  

I appreciate the information that you've provided about your Charge 5 and I were able to confirm that some of you already contacted the Support team and get your device replaced under the standard warranty your device come with.  

It can be especially challenging when a device is no longer protected by the warranty, but even while Support is happy to assist you with any issues you may encounter with the product, they must follow the official warranty policy, which begins on the day of purchase.

In light of this, I can advise getting in touch with our Support team as soon as possible. If necessary, they will determine the status of your device's warranty.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; comments from users are always useful to continue improving the quality of products and services.  

Best Answer

The problem is not the device, it is the impact your firmware update has had on our device. The fact that your company will not take responsibility for an update rendering devices unusable is not acceptable. There has been zero reach out to attempt to roll back the update so our devices can be restored to their previous working state. This is a firmware issue, take responsibility.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is acting the same since firmware update. I’m also getting email reports saying low charge but when I put my device on charge it’s saying on my actual device that it’s at 70%.
It was working fine before hand 🙁

Best Answer

Offer a firmware rollback please.  That is the what has created these devices to act up.  I am in IT this isn't that hard, why are you pushing away good customers?

Best Answer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/technology-68140297.amp

We should all start reporting it to news outlets 

Best Answer