Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 recently started to last only for a day after lasting a week.  No changes have been made

GPS is not used, screen is not turned on often.   I have gone through the troubleshooter steps.

Device has been rebooted.  Firmware is up to date.  Can anything else be done?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @imlitimlit sometimes batteries die over time. You seemed to have done everything possible. You get with customer support?

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello & welcome @imlitimlit 

When my Charge 5 battery started dropping power rapidly, I restarted and recharged my device multiple times over several days. This process eventually got my Charge 5 "unstuck" and the battery went back to lasting 6-7 days. 

A couple of users found that turning off SpO2 helped reduce battery drain. One of the users also un-installed ECG & EDA, which also helped reduce battery drain. This user's post has several troubleshooting steps that they did with some success: Possible fix for rapid battery drain 

Hopefully, these suggestions might work for you. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Don’t let Fitbit lie to you. It’s happening to everyone. Go see the other forums. Fitbit has scammed everyone. They ruined everyone’s device and making us buy new ones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had several Fitbit over the past few years. If they don’t warrantee this Charge 5 it will definitely be my last Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the second time my Charge 5 died!

Happen one year ago about, battery drain in 1-2 hours. Fitbit changed it.

Yesterday suddenly my charge5 died again, all light off and not turn on. If I connect charger I have vibration feedback but no light on and no display on.

Support changes again my device 😞 They are always kind and helpful.

I hope charge 6 solves this else I'm forced to change my brand 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now it has failed to charge at all.  Dead Dead Dead after almost two years.

I was offered a small discount on a new charge within 30days from their store.  That kinda sucks.  

Not going to get another.

Best Answer
0 Votes