Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 black screen/logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today my Charge 5 screen went black and completely unresponsive. It was at 54% battery at the time. I connected the charger, tried the hard reset by pressing the button 3 times, and at that point it just gets stuck on the logo screen for a period of time, until it goes black again. I've done this 3 times with the same results. I cannot change the clock face or do anything else through the app, because it isn't syncing with the app on my phone. This device is only a year old. I see many other users with this issue, and it doesn't seem like Fitbit has been able to provide a fix. Just adding my complaint to the list in hopes that they will do something about this.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @JKam83

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've been informed that you already got in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've provided you with some instructions. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Thanks again for all the information and feedback provided. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, yes! The support team was very helpful and responsive, and I am all set now.

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same problem, the reset process only shows the fitbil logo and after that the screen is black!!!! Is there a solution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, once again an update borking my charge 5 into oblivion (black screen, hard reboot only shows the logo for about a second before going black again). I'm honestly happy I cancelled my sub, and at this point would strongly dissuade anyone from buying one. Whatever you guys are doing, just stop it, help people fix their devices, and abandon your efforts to break people's devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried pretty much everything as far as troubleshooting, from my own research, and with the guidance of Fitbit support. Nothing worked. My tracker was exactly one week past the 1 year warranty expiration, and they ended up offering a replacement anyway, which I'm appreciative of. But as far as a fix, I couldn't find one. It's weird, because it definitely isn't the screen itself. I kept getting the fitbit logo, and when I would install a new clock face, or update firmware, I could see the progress bar while it installed. But literally nothing else would show on the screen. Seems like a software issue. So I'm not sure if eventually my replacement will do the same thing, but for now, it's what I'm going with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, and welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Starforsaken @Claudio_Linux

Thanks for sharing that you've been experiencing the same problem with your Charge 5 and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps.

I've been informed that you were able to get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, I recommend that you continue the communication with them so they can provide you with the next steps, if they haven't done so already.

Thanks again for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments about this issue. 

@JKam83 I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the problem, but it's good to know that you'll be receiving a replacement device. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I received a replacement but after used it for 10 days it has issues, 2 different issues. First issue high backlight in any display mode and the second one battery at 100% died after 50 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Claudio_Linux Thanks for sharing that you've experienced these issues with the replacement device. 

It seems that you were able to get in touch with the Customer Support team again for further instructions. In this case, I recommend that you continue the communication with them so they can let you know what are the options available for you. 

See you around in the Community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavideFitbit 

I am in contact with Customer support Team since more than 2 weeks but at the moment I am still waiting for a final solution for my issues ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There, I have the same issue. I have followed the instructions to hard reset the device but the result is still the same. The screen is unresponsive with the logo reappearing. Please advise. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Claudio_Linux Thanks for sharing this update. I'm sorry to see that it's been taking a few weeks to receive a resolution. The Support team usually needs to make sure that all basic troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, but I do recommend that you continue the Community with them so they can let you know what are the options available for you. 

@viperguna I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they were able to provide you with some instructions. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes