Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 circled X screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning my Charge 5 has appeared with a black screen showing a red x surrounded by a circle,  I've tried to restart it but it didn't work and now I don't know what to do.  How can I fix it?

Thank you

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Smuñoz

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about this inconvenience with your Charge 5 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

Before considering other options, please make sure that you've tried all the steps listed here below as well: 

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure again using the charging cable, instead of the restart on the device's settings. 
  2. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

@DavideFitbit I've tried both methods without any positive result. What could I do now?

Best Answer

@Smuñoz Thank you for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

I hope everything goes well, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Davide - please look at other threads with the same issue. The recommended procedure is clearly not working and requires that the product is exchanged by Fitbit for a functioning unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this same issue. Red x with the circle.  Did the three button reset and was able to resolve until the next morning. Now completely blank and won’t reset or turn on. It was fully charged last night. Please help me resolve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jfrank01

Thanks for confirming that you're still experiencing the same inconvenience with your Charge 5 and that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@Juraj80 Thank you for sharing all your feedback and comments. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

See you around in the Community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes