Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 dies after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Following the update my old Charge 5 only works for a few minutes. Battery indicator is 90%. Update done via iPhone 13. 
My new Charge 5 updated with no problem. Configurations of the phones is the same. 
What’s up here?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community forums, @Kunukuboy

I appreciate all the information provided about this issue with your Charge 5. 

There are some general recommendations that are usually helpful with any type of display issues. Please try the following combination of steps that have been useful for other users:  

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display.

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

What the chap wrote above won’t work. It’s either dodgy firmware or seriously bad hardware. 
i had a return label given to me to return my fitbit but they cancelled the shipping label making me look a fool at the shop. 
i think we should all just accept we’ve been had and find alternative solutions and never buy from this company again.  

Best Answer

Unhappily, even after performing the suggested actions my Charge 5 battery level quickly drops to near 0 .  It works OK for the few minutes it has juice.  It sure seems like a dying battery problem to me.  The Charge 5 is less than 4 months old,  Can it be repaired under warranty? Replaced.  Let me know. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

I’m having similar problems. They all began after the latest firmware update.

First, my battery went from 100% to 0% overnight. The next night, the screen went unresponsive and showed only the Fitbit logo. When it finally died, I used the three pulse method on the charger to restart it, and it seemed to work for the rest of the day. That evening though, it went back to showing the logo while being unresponsive, and then went dark after a few minutes. The three pulse method no longer did anything. Bluetooth is unable to find the device. 

I’ll change my screen, but with Bluetooth seemingly not active with the Charge 5 I’m not sure it’ll help.

Best Answer

Cgarge5 still failing to hold charge after update.  Please send me a return label.

Best Answer

Same here everytime they update the app or the watch, there is a multitude of issues.  My charge lasts less than a day and I have done everything they suggest.  It just gets very disheartening to have issues every single time.  If I wanted to charge a watch every day, I would’ve bought an Apple.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for all the details and updates provided about these issues with your Charge 5. 

It seems that some of you are also having trouble with the device not holding a charge. If you already tried all the steps suggested earlier to resolve problems with the unresponsive display and if you've tried these steps to resolve problems with the battery as well, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected. 

Thanks again for all the information provided so far. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes