Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra steps while sleeping Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every week or two I wake up to anywhere from 11,000 to 13,000 steps or more which have shown up since I went to sleep.  I am a quiet sleeper.  It's not me.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, thank you for all the details that you've provided about the inconvenience with your Charge 5, @itgrey

There are a few reasons why this could happen. If you're sleeping close to something that could emit a certain vibration, like a window, a fan or other type of machine. The only way to negate these extra steps would be to manually log a driving activity, as this would override the data tracked during that time. 

If you haven't done so already, please complete a three pulse restart and let me know if you continue to experience the same behavior afterwards: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Done all this before. For starters nothing in my bedroom changes and this only happens once every couple of weeks. The only thing that makes sense to me is a software issue. Never had this issue with any previous fitbits.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@itgrey Thank you for sharing this update and for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier. 

In this case, since you already tried the restart procedure with the charging cable and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes