Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps dying

My charge 5 is fully charged but as soon as the watch turned 2 years old, the screen stopped working within 1h of disconnecting from it's charger. It just switches off, yet when you reattach it to the charger it says it is 97% charged. Why is it doing this? I have reset it as per instructions via google help pages to no avail. I have tried to get in touch via numerous methods with Fitbit to no avail. Fitbit's post puchase customer service cannot be complained about as it's non existent. My watch currently makes for a very expensive rubber bracelet. I am now considering buying a Garmin watch as both personal recommendations and their reviews give me greater confidence that their watches last longer than 1-2 years and at $300, Fitbit is not a good purchase. I am deterring anyone from buying Fitbit as this is not the first time I have had reliability issues with their watches. This purchase was the last chance I was giving Fitbit to redeem itself but surprise surprise, this hasn't happened.  There are much better, more reliable products on the market and I think folk are better spending their money on brands with a better reliability track record and with a brand who provide post sales customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0