Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 mot syncing anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 2 and 4 were great. I am now using Charge 5 for a couple of weeks and that one is hopeless. Goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community forums, @Bradjong

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about the difficulty you're experiencing with your Charge 5.

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method described here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

button charge 5.jpeg

Keep in mind that you need to sync through the Fitbit app and not through the Bluetooth settings on your phone. In addition to the restart, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, and make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community forums, @Bradjong

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about the difficulty you're experiencing with your Charge 5.

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the three pulse restart method described here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

button charge 5.jpeg

Keep in mind that you need to sync through the Fitbit app and not through the Bluetooth settings on your phone. In addition to the restart, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, and make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Davide, thanks for your information. It solved my problem. I was not aware of the following requirement:

"If you use more than one phone or tablet to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it."

I use an iPhone but, accidentally, the Fitbit app was also running on my iPad.

Once again, many thanks.

Regards,

Bradjong

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve the same problem with a new Charge 5 that I’ve only had around one week!! All fine at first but won’t sync since iPhone updated this morning. I’ve contacted customer support 3 times via live chat - had lots of repetitive advice, tried everything including all that you’ve detailed above, and still not joy. My iPhone just can’t find the device despite it being plugged in and charged!! Any help please?  I hesitated to buy another Fitbit due to screen problems with charge 3 but like lots of things about the Fitbit.  I can’t believe I’m having problems within only 1 week!!!

Regards

Sally 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bradjong That's great news! Thank you for sharing that you were able to resolve it. 😁

@sallyjm I'm sorry to see that you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier and that you're still experiencing the same problem. In this case, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team. Keep in mind they always need to make sure that all basic troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. 

Thanks again for sharing all your comments and feedback. 

Best Answer
0 Votes