Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 no longer keeping a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 5 since Nov 2021. My problem started yesterday. Up until yesterday, the charge on my Charge 5 held for at least 7 days. Yesterday, it went from 99% to 24% in a mere 6 hours. I charged it again before I went to sleep, and when I got up this morning, it was below 4% and shut itself off. I just recharged it this morning, and it went from 99% to 77% in a half hour. I did get the system update at the end of June or early July. Anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening after 9 months of working just fine? I have very little turned on--GPS, etc. 

Please help! I love this Fitbit, but I can't have it uncharging several times a day. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also notice that my Charge 5 records a VERY high number of activity minutes when it is discharging rapidly.   I just got rewarded for making 150 minutes of activity and I haven't even left home yet!   While looking, I noticedmy charge is down to 15% again.   Back in the charger for the 3rd time today.....  (it's 2:44pm now where I live.)

I've been using fitbit trackers since 2012... but after 3 weeks of intermittent trouble, I'm beginning to lose my patience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@SallyHop there are several lengthy threads on this topic here in the Charge 5 section already. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other people having the same experience.

Best Answer

I've read through several of the threads but none seemed to have this issue since the most recent update came out. I was curious if there were any out there who had no problems before the update but are having issues now. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

I never had any issues with battery life and I have owned my Charge 5 since early January. This week after the update my tracker has started suffering from unreasonably short battery life issue. I charged fully before work this morning and within 3 hours my battery is completely dead. I will need a solution or else I will be force to look for a new tracker because this battery life is impossible to work around.

Best Answer

One thing I tried this morning was to restart my Fitbit. So far, it seems to be holding it's charge. Give that a try, roberjw. 

Best Answer

Several people have reported that their previously perfect Charge 5 was now having battery charge problems after the update. Apparently the update which was intended to fix a looping problem caused a looping problem in other units. One person said that Fitbit has recognized this problems and a newer update is forthcoming in a couple of weeks. 

Best Answer

Good to know. So far, rebooting has helped today. But, hopefully, an update to the update will keep it from happening again. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just before bed, I charged.   Got to 99% and put watch on for sleep.   Woke up at 3:45am and looked at the watch - it was CRITICAL at 6%.   (5 hours from full to 6%!!)    I read a book while I recharged again.   Restarted the watch after it had charged.   Went back to sleep (now about 5am).   I woke up at 8am and it was down to 16% again.   It's in the charger now.   Gotta love a tracker that has to be in the charger multiple times a day.  (NOT!!)

I got the update 2-3 weeks ago.   Had some battery draining issues but it lasted most of a day then... these were mostly resolved after another update.   Then last week it froze completely (logo for awhile and then the red circle with white X in the middle for awhile more - this problem is posted elsewhere).... Then it was normal for several days.   Now this.   

Best Answer

I also notice that my Charge 5 records a VERY high number of activity minutes when it is discharging rapidly.   I just got rewarded for making 150 minutes of activity and I haven't even left home yet!   While looking, I noticedmy charge is down to 15% again.   Back in the charger for the 3rd time today.....  (it's 2:44pm now where I live.)

I've been using fitbit trackers since 2012... but after 3 weeks of intermittent trouble, I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it is a very good decription of the problem I am having however it is not a solution which is what I want. This charge is far worse than my charge 2 where the only trouble was bands breaking, falling of. If the charge 5 is an indication then it might be time to get something else (not fitbit).😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am draining the battery far too fast since the update. Something is definitely not right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes