Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 seems completely dead.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything was working fine until yesterday.  Wrong step count, etc.  I put it on charge, even though it was showing 70 percent, getting ready to take the update.  Now the thing is completely dead.  I started with the Original Fitbit.  This is totally unacceptable.  Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same problem. Just happened today. Tried everything. It’s not even syncing anymore. Would love to understand why and how to fix it!!!

Best Answer
I went and looked up, on Google, resetting the Charge Five. Video showed
how to reset. For some reason I had it plugged into my laptop. The screen
came back on and I was able to reset. It's back up and running for now.
Maybe try plugging it into your computer, follow directions from the young
lady on Google. I miss my old Fitbit that just measured steps, miles and
steps.
Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine today.   

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me today. Screen went black, wouldn’t charge or sync. I tried the reset by pressing on the button on the charging cable. The Fitbit logo showed up but the screen stayed black. I tried to update but it wouldn’t complete the update. 

Best Answer

Funny how this happened to so many people yesterday. I have the same issue. Mine is already a replacement watch from a charge4 that fell apart. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

I just spoke with Support and they’re going to send me a replacement. Mine isn’t even 3 months old yet. Hope it doesn’t happen again.

Best Answer

Same story here. Blank screen but still works otherwise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got mine brand new and it came in the mail today. Opened it up, synced it to my Iphone and tried to update it to the latest OS. Took forever to update. Tried updating it for over 8 hours... Now it's just a blank screen, keeps restarting and can't sync. Worse customer experience i've ever had and this is 'FitBit'... Customer Service said they will roll out another update that will fix this but i donno man.... just so disappointing.. Hope they fix this soon because it is unacceptable. Guess all we have to do now is wait. Worst buy for me as of yet....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 died about 30 days ago. I contacted customer support and I just received a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes