Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought a Charge 5 to replace a Charge 2 and have been very disappointed that in the 2 weeks i’ve had it, it has never recorder anything other than sleep bars, never once sleep stages.  I’ve performed all the step suggested in this and other forums. Never had this problem with my charge2!! 

need this resolved or will return and go with another manufacturer!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dbWizard That is most unusual behavior. Is your heart rate monitor working? That's the only reason I can think that it's giving you the generic sleep graph without stages. I know you said you tried a few things, but did you try removing the sleep tile from the app and re-adding it? Also, are you telling the Fitbit app when you're going to sleep (by selecting Begin Sleep Now) or are you letting it naturally record you falling asleep?

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@dbWizard That is most unusual behavior. Is your heart rate monitor working? That's the only reason I can think that it's giving you the generic sleep graph without stages. I know you said you tried a few things, but did you try removing the sleep tile from the app and re-adding it? Also, are you telling the Fitbit app when you're going to sleep (by selecting Begin Sleep Now) or are you letting it naturally record you falling asleep?

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
Did not try removing the sleep tile from the app, don't have a clue how to
do that.

Heart rate monitor was turned off. We will see if that resolves the problem
tonight.

I have not been selecting the "Begin sleep now" option.

Dale Fye
Best Answer

@dbWizard If the heart rate monitor was turned off, that is probably the culprit. Older Fitbits that didn't have a heart rate monitor used generic sleep graphs and did not have sleep stages. If you turn the heart rate monitor on, you should start seeing proper sleep stages.  Hopefully that works for you. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning on the heart rate monitor resolved the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes