Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped working

The monitor on my charge 5 stopped working in March. I continued using it via my phone til April 25th when I tried to connect my old charge 4 which failed. Now I can't use either. What should I do next please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Smojo. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 5 has stopped working along with your Charge 4. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. I will do my best to help you with this! 

To better assist you, would you mind giving me some details of the issue you're experiencing? Is your Charge 5 not charging, turning on, syncing? Are there any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? 

If you've stopped using your Charge 5 for some time, I'd recommend making sure it has enough battery to work. Note that sometimes a Fitbit doesn’t seem to be charging when actually the issue is that it has become unresponsive (this can happen if the battery has been allowed to discharge completely). I'd recommend putting it on to charge on a charging wire and outlet known to be working.  Leave it on the charger for a good two hours, even if it doesn’t seem to be charging.  

When it has had two hours, try restarting your Charge 5. I would recommend trying this maybe twice in a row if a first try doesn’t work.

If the above doesn't work, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've recharged it several times & pressed factory reset. The screen went
bright and flashing before it went blank. It did continue to sync but I
wanted the clock face while travelling so I tried Charge 4 but it wouldn't
sync. Now I can't reconnect to charge 5 cos it sends a code number to the
monitor which I can't see! The bright flashes and pixelations before blank
screen suggested a serious fault rather than a temporary glitch and I spent
a long time trying all the suggestions so I would appreciate a solution to
this now.
Best Answer
0 Votes