Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 update comments and feedback

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Woke this morning to a black screen on my C5. Thought "Oh no! Not the bricking update." I charged it immediately. After about an hour and a half, I checked it and sure enough it had been updated. To my surprise, the version number was different than the one in all the posts on this forum. It was 57.200001.188.58. Made me smile. 🙂 After a few hours, the battery was at 97%. So no rapid drain. My smile got a bit bigger. 😊 I still can't access the Gallery. But, I can get by with the same old clock face I've had since I first set it up. I am so sorry for those who unluckily received the initial rollout of the dreaded 194.61.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

188.58 is the old version. You haven't received an update.

Occasionally, the Charge 5 just dies suddenly, but it shouldn't happen more than once or twice per year, and after you recharge it, it should continue like always. If you have low battery notifications turned on, whatever the glitch is also prevents the notification from being sent. (I received one after I plugged it in and it started to charge, but not before it died.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

188.58 is the old version. You haven't received an update.

Occasionally, the Charge 5 just dies suddenly, but it shouldn't happen more than once or twice per year, and after you recharge it, it should continue like always. If you have low battery notifications turned on, whatever the glitch is also prevents the notification from being sent. (I received one after I plugged it in and it started to charge, but not before it died.)

Best Answer

I figured that out. It was a roll back to an earlier version. Thanks for your input. I'm glad to see that they stopped rolling out the update and bricking peoples devices. I was worrying that my C5 was going to get the automatic update. There seemed to be no way to prevent it other than unpairing from bluetooth.
Regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me with 188.58

It bricked my Charge 5 and made it unresponsive

This is the end of line for me and Fitbit

Time to look for a new brand

Best Answer

Heidi - Sorry to hear your device was bricked by the rollback to 188.58. Alternatives are rather limited.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did exactly the same thing. Love my Venu!

Original Flex (March 2014); Charge HR; Alta HR; Original Versa; Inspire; Sense; Charge 5; Inspire 2
Best Answer

Just wanted to say thank you for excellent support service, my charge 5 developed a fault which resulted in the battery draining to approx. 65% within a hour of full charge  and then less than 14% within 2 hours. Worked through possible solutions with on line chat but unable to resolve, however was offered a replacement unit and it arrived with 2 days. Absolutely over the moon with replacement, been wearing it for 3 days now and still 84% charged plus seems to have a few more features available compared to my original pebble which seemed to need charging every 3 or 4 days. Been using Fitbits since 2015 and fault was really starting to irritate me and was about ready to switch to another tracker such as Samsung or Garmin but this service response has definitely kept me on side with Fitbit going forward. Thank you

Best Answer