Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't charge anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 will not charge. I’ve had to whip out my original Fitbit. I’ve tried my charger of course, my husband’s charger and my mother’s charger…it’s clearly not the charger but my Fitbit. My old Fitbit lasted YEARS! What is a girl to do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Vickimc61 , please have a look at this help article which gives some general advice on why a Fitbit might not be charging.  As you have already checked the cables, it might be worth giving the battery contacts a good clean - instructions are  here .  

Also, sometimes the problem is not a charging problem, even though it might seem to be.  If your Fitbit has become totally unresponsive then it might not appear to be charging when it actually is, so it is worth plugging it in to charge (once you have checked through both articles I have already shared and given the contacts a good clean).  Let it charge for a couple of hours, even if it does not appear to be charging and then give your Fitbit a restart .  A restart can bring an unresponsive Fitbit back to life, although sometimes you need to try the restart a couple of times.  

If your screen has frozen, then it is also worth trying a change of clock face - you can do that in your app.  From the Today screen click on the icon top left and then your device picture (Charge 5) then choose Gallery and then Clocks.  If that turns out to be the problem, and changing the clock face solves it, you can return to the previous clock face, if preferred.

Hopefully one of these steps will get your Fitbit back up and running again.  If not, you may want to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com .  Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer