Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Get Fitbit icon and then 1%  charge symbol with red outlines and that is it. Tried reset 3 times, cleaning contacts, different charging methods. Only 2 months old, very frustrated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Treebranch. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Charge 5 is still not responding despite the steps you've tried so far. I understand why you're feeling frustrated as your device is only two months old. 

Sometimes a Fitbit doesn’t seem to be charging when actually the issue is that it has become unresponsive (this can happen if the battery has been allowed to discharge completely). Even though the steps I'm going to provide you've already tried, I'd recommend putting on to charge on a charging wire and outlet known to be working.  Leave it on the charger for a good two hours, even if it doesn’t seem to be charging.  

When it has had two hours, try restarting your Charge 5I would recommend trying this maybe twice in a row if a first try doesn’t work.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same old, same old canned responses by the Moderators instead of acknowledgment of Fitbit's firmware update screwing things up and giving feedback about what the company is going to do to make customers whole again. 🤷

Best Answer

Tried what you suggested and does not work, what next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Treebranch 

Since you've tried the recommended troubleshooting steps without success, you should contact Fitbit support (<-- click link) to see what options you might have under warranty.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer