Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 - Not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I got a brand new Fitbit Charge 5 and it has been only a couple of months and Fitbit Charge 5 is not charging. The charger is fine however it is not charging. Fitbit's website is not helping in terms of support. The website for support is down. Kindly let me know where the service center is in Chennai.

thank you in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome back to the Community forums, @Paraasaran

Thank you for the information provided regarding the issue you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Unfortunately there is no service center to take it for repair. If this is related to the battery and before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article. If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure using the charging cable as described here

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, welcome back to the Community forums, @Paraasaran

Thank you for the information provided regarding the issue you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Unfortunately there is no service center to take it for repair. If this is related to the battery and before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article. If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure using the charging cable as described here

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello David,

Thank you for the response. 

I tried the troubleshooting steps and also followed the steps provided in the article mentioned in this trail. Still, the device is not charging. When I connect the charger, the logo appears for a few seconds, and then it boots up. It goes blank after 10 seconds. I tried opening the Exercise --> Run App assuming the Fitbit device would run for a few more seconds but it didn't. The device just goes blank roughly after 10 seconds whilst the charger is connected. When I plug it in for charging or press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times within 8 seconds, holding each press for about 1 second, the device boots up again displaying that it is charging at 0% or 1% but it shuts down again after 10 seconds.

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paraasaran Thank you for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested and that you continue to experience the same problem. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

See you around in the Community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response! 

Best Answer

@Paraasaran No problem! 

See you around in the Community. 😁

Best Answer