Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 and customer service experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am completely disappointed with Fitbit - the product and the service. 

The product side: I bought the Fitbit charge 5 on boxing day 2021. While I was working out yesterday (3 months later), my Fitbit charge 5 completely shut down while there is still 37% left. I have to turn it on using the cable charger. After this incident, the green blinking light has completely shut down and does not record my heart rate. My sleep pattern was not recorded either. The calorie counter is super unreliable now.  Although I fully charged my Fitbit last night, I woke up this morning with only 25% left, the device does not even last one day. My Fitbit is definitely broken. The only thing it tracks now is step count.

The service side: I called customer service for help to fix the heart rate feature. The representative said I would receive a confirmation email. It has been over 24 hours and I received nothing. I checked my spam email and still nothing. I am not sure what to do next.

I would love to reach out to the Fitbit community for help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @CeeN  customer service will get with you if they said they would. 24 hours, especially over the weekend is probably not enough time. Give them time to get back with you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @Odyssey13, thank you for your response. You gave me great advice. I definitely will do that. 

Thanks again for your help.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, and no way to return it, they sent me a return label that is only good in the USA, POOR Service

Best Answer

I tried to return my Charge 5 as it does not work, I live in Canada and they sent me a label that was only good in the USA, poor service. I spoke to a suppose supervisor Daniel that was no help, very rude, would not let me tell him my side of the issue, only quoted company policy, poor service

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ekadikoff  I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this with you. They know more about such things and should be able to advise you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @CeeN and thanks for getting back to us @Ekadikoff. I'm sorry to hear about your Fitbit product and service experience.

@CeeN, I noticed that you followed @Odyssey13's advise and were able to resolve your query.

@Ekadikoff, we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I noticed that you tried contacting our team again today and that you were not able to resolve your query yet. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call again. Click here to get connected.

Thank you for the heads up and assistance @Odyssey13.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

The advice Odyssey gave me was not satisfactory,  either it was useless advice or they are the one who sent me a shipping label which was no good in Canada. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ekadikoff  the advise I gave the original poster was helpful. What I told you was I'd get a Fitbit Moderator to respond and so they did. I do not work for Fitbit, so I am not the one who sent the shipping label to you. 

Best Answer

Oh ok, my apologies. 

The charge 5 I had was shutting down repeatedly,  no reason why... lots of battery..  wasn't abused, heck it was only 2 weeks old.

I sent it back to fit bit, that was an effort oll on its own... their customer service is awful.... had a supervisor being very rude to me this morning,  would not let me explain the issues.... hope they send me one that works otherwise it's 200 dollars in the garbage 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @EkadikoffI understand that this can be very frustrating, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the clarification @Odyssey13.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer