Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 battery problems since update

ANSWERED

How many of you are experiencing battery problems since the update?

Could anyone who's experienced problems with the charge 5 battery please post once on this thread so it's easy to count and present to show it's not a warranty problem and is a result if the update.

I obviously have battery problems. Had to charge it twice yesterday and uninstalled the SpO2 app to try to make the battery last through the night. Managed to wake up to 50% battery instead of it being dead by morning, even though fully charged before bed.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My Charge 5 wont hold a charge. The battery drains in less than 24 hours, even when it's in sleep mode. I've only had it for 7 months; I bought it new in July 2023.

If this is how FitBit responds to pervasive issues after mandatory firmware updates, my Charge 5 will be replaced with a different brand. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

My Charge 5 wont hold a charge. The battery drains in less than 24 hours, even when it's in sleep mode. I've only had it for 7 months; I bought it new in July 2023.

If this is how FitBit responds to pervasive issues after mandatory firmware updates, my Charge 5 will be replaced with a different brand. 

Best Answer

My charge 5 battery life used to last 7 days before it needed a recharge, since firmware updates it fully drains within 24 hours, I have chatted to customer support, got the usual answer, give it a reset blah blah, problem not fixed, it is so frustrating they don't even want to rectify my issue, I think I will cut my losses and change brands, I will never purchase a fitbit device again.

Best Answer

Yes. Dead battery. No vibration. Tried all suggested solutions. This us an update issue and I'm frustrated.

Best Answer

Same as you Zenak. Completely dead battery after upgrade 

Best Answer

Having massive battery trouble since 2 weeks or so. Also, the screen on device doesn't show up. Only syncs with the phone.

Guess the recent update has caused this trouble? Has anyone found a solution to this?

Best Answer

Any solutions?

---

Any updates? I'm out of country without a watch. So frustrated.

---

What is the SPo2app?

Best Answer

Blood oxygen reader. You can disable it in the apps. Doesn't make a difference if you do

Best Answer

Now the media is picking it up they are just saying "they are looking into it"

https://9to5google.com/2024/01/31/fitbit-charge-5-bricked-google/

Best Answer

Hi, @DC..! I'm glad the media has finally picked it up because, when I talked to Fitbit support about the issue last weekend, the rep claimed that this wasn't a known issue to Fitbit. As if it didn't happen to loads of Charge 5 owners last summer. It's almost like they don't read their own community message boards 🤔 Sounds like a lot of folks that got the Charge 6 have already experienced a range of issues, too, and many claim that they aren't getting much help or support from FB either. You know it's bad when the BBC writes about the issue... 

Best Answer

I've been having problems for awhile. Began looking into other brands when wouldn't charge, had black screen for several days.

One thing discovered! Stop getting it wet! No showers no swimming! Was ok for a month or so.

New update this past month (Jan 2024) and NOW need to recharge at least 2 to 3 times a week. Fitbit/Google does not respond, help, nor assist. I don't think I am going to buy another one after this one dies. Feels as though they'd prefer us to get Google watches. Typical rival buyout behavior. There are no solutions because they don't want them to be solved.

Best Answer

Experiencing the same things. Just this week, out of the blue, my charge 5 has stopped holding a charge. Have tried all resetting solutions I've found in the forum with no success. Watch well charge but drops drastically once removed from charger. Can't access any screens.

And trying to navigate the fitbit warranty info has me going in circles!

Best Answer
Thanks. Sure enough did swim in it as it was guaranteed to be waterproof.
If it wasn't I wouldn't have purchased it. Will try drying it out. Thanks
Best Answer

Just lost 40, percent in an hour sat doing nothing!  All since updating!

Best Answer

I started having the issue on the 31st...did all the resets, removed the app from my phone, all the things and it seemed to help with the battery issue but then it wasn't logging anything so I tried resetting it again. Now it just keeps resetting over and over and over.  

Best Answer

My battery isn’t even lasting a day now. It’s getting ridiculous. Fitbit don’t even respond to emails now! They are frauds!!

Best Answer

Since updating may battery life is approx 12 hours. Can’t use it to record any exercise as that drains it completely within minutes. Also getting a black screen when recently charged. 

Best Answer

My 5 month old, Charge 5 won't hold a charge more than an hour or so.  This is my 3rd Charge 5 I have purchased and I have had two replacements for the same problems. I have done all the restarts, both ways that they suggest.  Contact FitBit today.  They are replacing it again. I asked if they were having problems and was told they no longer sell the Charge 5, they now have a Charge 6.  I asked what good was replacing my Charge 5 with another Charge 5 that is defected. I was given the offer of buying another Fitbit at 50% off or getting a free Charge 5.   This is the last FitBit I will be wearing.  They know they have a problem, but the consumer is stuck with defected merchandise.

Best Answer

Yes my watch is crap after the update. My Charge 5 is no longer holding a charge after the update. It drains so fast I have to charge it daily now instead of every 6 days. 

Come on Fitbit. I'm not buying a new watch. Roll back the update so we can use our watches. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I regularly experience complete failure of my Charge 5. I thought it had something to do with GPS.

However, when I put the watch on the charger, I saw a bizarre percentage. First 65%, then 56%, then 18%. Then fully charged to 100%, disconnected and then suddenly 82%. Then put it on my wrist, and then it became 94%

So that doesn't seem to be right.

Best Answer