Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 battery problems since update

ANSWERED

How many of you are experiencing battery problems since the update?

Could anyone who's experienced problems with the charge 5 battery please post once on this thread so it's easy to count and present to show it's not a warranty problem and is a result if the update.

I obviously have battery problems. Had to charge it twice yesterday and uninstalled the SpO2 app to try to make the battery last through the night. Managed to wake up to 50% battery instead of it being dead by morning, even though fully charged before bed.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
345 REPLIES 345

My tracker was fine until I succumbed and merged my Fitbit to my Google account last week. Now, my Charge 5 won't hold a charge longer than 18 hours. In fact, I just took it off the charger about 10 minutes ago and it has already dropped to 94%. This is ridiculous. It's only 20 months old. It was functioning perfectly, going about 7 days between charges until I made the Google merge. Now, I'm pissed off. 😤 I can't wear a watch with a normal battery, I  kill batteries in a matter of a few months. But I have worn Fitbit products for 12 or 13 years with few issues. I had one of the original Force trackers that lasted 2 years past the recall date, but finally fell apart. I have had one tracker that just bricked completely for no reason, and Fitbit was great about it. This is beyond frustrating, as the powers that be have to be able to see what is going on, and should be willing to rectify the issues, or at least acknowledge it and let us know a fix is forthcoming.

Best Answer
Mine was working until I merged with google also.
Best Answer

Same for me. I went ahead and switched to Google and that's when it started happening. When I chatted with them, they said they'd get back to me. I haven't

heard from them for 2 weeks now.

Best Answer

I agree, my Charge 5csrarted giving battery problems within 2 years.

Now it does not last a day, and Fitbit is not helping.

So...after 2 Fitbit products I shall move to another product line.

Terrible support

Best Answer

As of 8:00 am, battery at 7% ( critical) and back on charger. That was just watching some TV and sleeping, then getting ready for work. Pitiful. 

Best Answer

Since @LizzyFitbit locked replies in the firmware topic, just bringing this back to the top to say, still no help or patch released by Fitbit/Google. When will that be coming? It’s clear the newest firmware update ruined the all these Charge 5 devices.

Best Answer

I can't believe the firmware update 194.91 post is closed and marked as resolved. So many complaints about dead Fidbit 5 after that update (mine included) and they simply marked it as resolved because many of us successfully updated to the latest firmware? My C5 is out of warranty (bought Dec 2021). I already moved on to another brand and cancelled my Premium subscription; Fitbit and Google have broken my trust in their products

EDIT: I must have been confused myself about the warranty 😂 I asked the official Fitbit store in my country and they say every device is covered with a year warranty, including device brick because of firmware update (I don't know if they are aware of the issue). I'm out of luck then...

Best Answer
Can you please let us know which forum Fitbit/ Google identified battery sustaining charge as an issue and working on solution as mentioned in your post?

Thanks
Best Answer

Yeah I really can't believe they closed it, and especially with that statement - so many issues and rather than trying to assist users they try to pretend there aren't any...

Best Answer

Closing the thread is the best method to deny and ignore the problems..

It would be better Google came with a solution...

Best Answer
Charge 5
Best Answer

Mine suddenly started going down rapidly. It was at 100% and dropped to 33% within 90 minutes of doing hardly anything.

Best Answer

What type of product will you switch to. I'm also forced to buy a different make, after many years with Fitbit.

Very dissapointing, but I cannot afford to buy Fitbit and then it only last's short while, again

Best Answer

My C5 seems like died this night and won't charge or turn on anymore.

Yesterday morning it had about 65% battery, then in the evening during a sport activity it turned completely off. Charged it to 100% before going to sleep, but in the morning it was off, and won't start changing ever since. Last sync with phone shows 14%, so it went from 100% to 14% in just several hours.

Best Answer

Thank you. They told me they would get back to me. It's been well over a week now.

Best Answer

Charge 5

Best Answer
Sorry but welcome to the club of so many others of us with the same problem
Best Answer

I’ve swum with mine many times with no issue. Just recently thought it got wet while I was washing the dishes and now it won’t charge. There is definitely a software issue in my view.

Best Answer

The first time I went swimming with mine it died. This is my second one.

Best Answer

I’ve had my charge 5 for about a year. I made the mistake of accepting an update two weeks ago and ever since the battery has gone from lasting a week easily to being lucky to last a day. Based on this thread, sounds like I shouldn’t bother contacting support. Will not be buying from fitbit again.

Best Answer