Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 battery problems since update

ANSWERED

How many of you are experiencing battery problems since the update?

Could anyone who's experienced problems with the charge 5 battery please post once on this thread so it's easy to count and present to show it's not a warranty problem and is a result if the update.

I obviously have battery problems. Had to charge it twice yesterday and uninstalled the SpO2 app to try to make the battery last through the night. Managed to wake up to 50% battery instead of it being dead by morning, even though fully charged before bed.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
180 REPLIES 180

My Fitbit charge 5 also died on March 16.  I called help line and had an unusual,  rather quick intervention that didn’t work.  I wasn’t happy as the device was only a little more than a year old,  my previous fitbits usually lasted two years.  I too accepted their half price cost for a new one.  After reading this post I got it out and just put it on to charge.  Yes,  it’s charging right now,  looks totally live.  I feel scammed.  Any ideas on how to get my money refunded?

Best Answer

Me too! Same issues with battery life. Unreliable percentage remaining and then just doesn't respond so I put it on charge and its not flat but seems to get it working again. I loved my stylish fitbit but feel pretty frustrated that they haven't found the solution and sent out a bug fix. 

Best Answer

Prior to the update my charge 5 (15 months old) only needed charging once a week max. Since the update, I've had to charge it every other night, and tonight it went black. I put.it in the charger and after 2 hours it's still black. This is ridiculous. Google, you need to take responsibility and do something about this. This is NOT g

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues with the battery not holding a charge. It's gone from 100% to 2% overnight. It's so frustrating.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 5 will not hold a charge, will not sync, and will not respond!

Will NOT buy another!!!

Best Answer

Fitbit customer service told me to charge it to 100% and then drain it to 0% so they could study it. At 1:20pm it was at 100%. At 4:20pm it is at 55%. Definitely abnormal. I’m usually able to keep it at 90 to 100% by just charging during shower times. Now it is halfway drained in 3 hrs.

Best Answer
They told me the same thing! I don't think it's a battery issue but they
won't listen.
Best Answer

After 10+ years of Fitbits - I give up!  Like so many people battery wouldn’t hold charge for more than an hour now it won’t even restart so it’s in the bin.

Off to find an alternative 😞

Bye Fitbit - you were great until Google took over

Best Answer

Yes! I heard about battery issues but mine had been fine so I was happy. Yesterday it suddenly died all of a sudden and I charged it last night up to 50 percent before bed because usually it only drops about 10 percent overnight but it was dead again when I woke up! This has never happened before and I've only had mine for about 7 months so I'm very upset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't get any help from customer service. I hope you have better luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue after THE update. After going round and round with customer support, they replaced the Charge 5 at no charge. And no I'm not taking another update.

Best Answer

Yup, I can get no more than 2 days, ah best…was over a week before the update…I just came here to look for unrelated info…glad I saw this…

Best Answer

Mine stopped holding a charge after the update, so annoyed, seems like it was on purpose so we have to buy a new on

Best Answer

Since the latest update, my fitbit charge 5 began draining the battery totally, without me doing anything. I have turned off everything. It is useless. It has to be charged at least twice a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this will be helpful but after a few days of trying to charge it up and rebooting many times, a red X came up on the screen.  I then charged it again and it stayed charged and held normally.  It has been working ever since.  Not sure how or why,  but it did.   Hope this helps others. 

Best Answer

I have not been wearing mine as it drains within 10 hours…bought it about a year ago after my Charge 4 strap connector broke…another piece of skilled craftmanship…🙄

---

Hey…I just did a live chat, got a form via email, and they say they are replacing my Charge 5! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Charge 5. All of a sudden goes flat within a few hours  after charging. Used to last me 7/8 Days. Now my watch is dead and wont even charge. Only 10 months old. It was a replacement in Nov 2023 for the same problem. Now Fitbit say there is nothing they can do.

Im really disappointed as not a cheap product

Definately wont buy Fitbit again and wont recommend anyone else too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone else had issue with abnormal heart rate spiking up to150.

I purchased device from UAE, it exhibited abnormal performance recently. The support attempted various troubleshooting options without success.. Resolution offered was to purchase a new device. However, being from UAE, I was not even eligible for a discount on replacement device. So "buying a new device" felt inadequate and lacked proper support. 

The device life is not even 3 years and it has already failed to lost its usefulness and life. Its not worth time to spend on the support and on the device considering the support team's delayed response. Rather than being useful for health it has become the opposite. 

Best Answer
Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with the quality of Fitbit products.
One would expect watches to last more than a year.

I have now changed to Huawei after going through 2 Charge 5 Fitbits in 18
months.
Best Answer