Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend requests from people I don’t know.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I stop getting friend requests from people I neither know nor have any connection with? I find it very upsetting.

I’ve looked at all my settings and can’t find a way of blocking or screening this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WitneyJanet  there really is no way to prevent people who see your profile to ask you to be a friend. All you can do is ignore them. Sorry. It happens to most of us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @WitneyJanet  there really is no way to prevent people who see your profile to ask you to be a friend. All you can do is ignore them. Sorry. It happens to most of us.

Best Answer

But, how do people see my profile? How do I hide it? I don’t see other peoples profiles …… is it because I’ve engaged in this community?

Perhaps I need to remove my posts.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WitneyJanet  I do more on the forums than in the community tab on the app, but people can see profiles. Your profile is like mine, locked down (I checked) so only friends can see it. I get requests from doing challenges, but have learned to just ignore some of them. There's no easy answer for this. You can't remove posts on the forums here or on any community area from the app. I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this with you.

Best Answer