Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet on Charge 5 declines all payments

I was happy paying with Fitbit Pay with my Charge 4 and now with my Charge 5. I've made numerous payments and have never had any problems. But now, when I've switched to Wallet within Fitbit, all my payments are declined. The strange thing is that I can pay perfectly with my mobile phone and the same card with Gooble Wallet but it rejects when I try it with Charge 5. I've opened a case to Fitbit but they always say the same thing, "remove the card", "add the card", "update firmware"

The main reason why I bought this bracelet was to be able to pay with it without using my mobile phone. Being able to go to the beach and play sports without having to carry your mobile phone. Now I feel frustrated because they don't give me a solution.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@bas_rodriguez 

Are you having issues with all cards or just one?

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

I have 2 cards and I cannot pay with any of them. With the same cards I can pay without problem with Google Wallet and the mobile phone. Also, with the same cards and Fitbit Pay I hadn't any problem with my payments.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately.
I put the cards in the watch wallet fine, but at the time of payment the payment does not take place.
Firmware:57.200001.188.58 no update available...

Best Answer

exact same issue.  I have removed and readded my card to the watch without luck.  Payments using my phone works just fine.  I checked the supported banks (https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/google-apps/banks) list and mine is listed.  I dont always get an error message, but this afternoon I got one that said the card cannot be used and to insert my chip.  I think the payment system is expecting to validate using the cards physical chip.  I have not yet contacted my bank, but I plan to sometime this week.

Best Answer

I've talked to my bank and they've told me that they're not rejecting the payment because they haven't even received an attempt to make a payment. Therefore, it is Fitbit that is rejecting the payment because there is something wrong with the software. Also, my bank is on the list and with Fitbit Pay I never had any problems. Also, as I said, with Google Wallet, the same card and mobile phone I can pay without problems. So why can't I pay with Wallet within Fitbit?

I'd like Fitbit to acknowledge that it has a problem and tell its customers that it's trying to solve it. Instead, it just says, over and over again, that we remove the card and add it back. Also, that we update the version. I've done it several times and it's useless. It's frustrating. I regret switching so soon to Wallet on Fitbit because with Fitbit Pay I paid with my 2 cards without any problem. We are being used as guinea pigs.

When all users are forced to switch to Google/Wallet in July, the spectacle is going to be tremendous. I sincerely hope Fitbit reacts sooner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Never had any issues at all with Fitbit Pay, transferred over to google wallet given I have it anyway and again, it has worked on my phone with the same card with no issues.  Nope, cannot use my Fitbit anymore.  It doesn't even try to make the payment, all card readers just ask for another card but I can use the same card on my phone.  This is not ok and was the main reason for having this watch.  If Fitbit and Google don't get this sorted, they're going to lose a lot of customers.  Please fix Fitbit!

Best Answer

Thank you all for your responses. Let's see if Fitbit realizes it has a serious problem and at least tells us it's trying to fix it. For me, being able to pay is the main reason I bought it.
The question I have is if there is someone who can pay with Wallet within Fitbit. I mention this because I don't understand Fitbit's attitude towards this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone have any positive news? Has anyone been able to pay?

Yesterday I tried to pay and my payment was declined again.

Has Fitbit said in any posts that it is trying to solve the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, reset device yesterday and still can't pay. Fitbit now comes up with
Google wallet but still doesn't work.
Best Answer

Where is Fitbit? Nothing to say about our problems?

I was recommended by @Rich_Laue to wtite in product feedback board and I did it. 

My surprise was that the post was moved here again to this board. @Odyssey13 told me that "@bas_rodriguez  only a Fitbit Moderator has the ability to move a post from the product feedback forum area.

Then, where is Fitbit listening to their clients?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @gdio53 Thanks for your help!

@bas_rodriguez@rorysek@MoseySauce and @SuzieRH Thanks for the detailed information, and your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 5.  I also appreciate your thoughtful feedback and understand your concerns.

I'd like to inform you that this issue has been escalated to our team so they can identify a fix as soon as possible. Once I have more information from them, I will update this thread.

In the meantime, please ensure that both your tracker and Fitbit app are updated to ensure their optimal performance.

Best Answer

Good morning @LizzyFitbit, I honestly don't think you know what we're going through. At first, I thought it was temporary and I kept trying to pay with the shame every time my payments were declined.Then I contacted Fitbit and we still don't hear back. I haven't been able to pay for several weeks now, and because of Fitbit's behavior in the face of something so important, I'm afraid to think about what other features will have gotten worse. We're talking about loss of trust in the brand.

I opened case and after answers like "update", "add card", "remove card", on May 7 they said more seriously that they were going to investigate, but I still have no news. With Fitbit Pay there were no problems. I don't understand why you have made this change without testing. Honestly, I'd like to know if someone with the account migrated to Google and with Wallet within Fitbit is being able to pay. Has anyone with these conditions told you that they can pay with Charge 5 without problems?

Now you tell us to update the app. What kind of users do you think you're dealing with?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi there, @bas_rodriguez.

Thank you for providing additional information. I understand your frustration, and I apologize for the situation you experienced. We want our members to have a positive experience, and your feedback will help us prevent similar issues in the future.

While this problem seems to affect some users, I have escalated it to our team so they can work on a resolution as soon as possible. I will update this thread with more information as soon as it becomes available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone have any positive news? Has anyone been able to pay?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No positive news yet.. charge 5 user. It did work after I had set it up, but now it is not working anymore. That last payment was on May the 5th. For a few days now I tried to do it but it doesn't work. In my history the "refused payment" is not even mentioned as declined. If the same situation happened with Fitbit Pay (rarely but still) I would see it in my history as "not completed". 

With Google Wallet nothing happens. Even the "payment machine" (I'm Dutch don't know the English word) doesn't do anything. It's really strange

Yours is not to reason why, yours is but to do and die.
Best Answer

Replying to track for updates. I’m having the same issue on a Sense 2. Wallet used to work at the beginning, but then the Sense 2 started counting enough floors to get to the moon every day (32 floors before I wake up…no wonder I’m so skinny /s). Recommendation was to reset Sense 2 and, well, now I’m climbing to the stratosphere AND unable to pay for anything on the way. 

Best Answer

Good morning,

My last attempt to pay with Fitbit. Once again, I comment on what's going on but, this time, with image captures. With Charge 5 and Wallet within Fitbit, the payment is declined.

Screenshot_20240519_082849_Google Play services.jpg                          Screenshot_20240519_083109_Google Play services.jpg

But a minute later, same card, same store, with Google Wallet and mobile phone, no problems.

Screenshot_20240519_083022_Google Play services.jpg

We're not talking about Fitbit Pay vs Wallet. We're talking about Wallet vs Wallet. You can see that the format of the message is the same (Wallet). So what's going on? What is Fitbit doing wrong when it tries to pay from Charge 5? I don't understand why Fitbit is taking so long to come up with a solution. For my part, I'm already looking for a new brand. It's clear that Fitbit doesn't want us as customers.

I've been having this issue for over a month now and Fitbit doesn't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon, does Fitbit have any positive news about this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KikeBecerra This is the post I suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes