Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 5 Does Not Record Sleep Score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded(?) my Charge 3 to a Charge 5 in mid February.  After almost 2 months of use, my Charge 5 has only recorded my sleep score on 6 occasions.  My Charge 3 was almost flawless.

I’ve called customer service 6 times, spoke to 2 supervisors, provided 3 case numbers, and my case was raised to a “higher level”.
I received an email from the”higher level” on April 4, 2022.  In addition to being referred to a link that I had already researched, they asked me to respond to a couple of questions.  I responded to the questions, but never received a reply.  Today, April 15, I sent a follow up email regarding my concern only to be told that Fitbit customer Service is no longer excepting questions by email.

I’ve been told twice to reboot. I’ve been told to change sensitivity setting and to try on different arms.  I’ve been told to tighten the band.  I’ve been told loosen the band. And, I’ve been referred to a couple of links which provided useless, redundant information.

If someone out there in Fitbit Land has a solution, PLEASE let me know.  I can’t get a refund because I bought on Amazon.  My request for a replacement falls on deaf eyes.  

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42
I feel your pain. I finally had enough and returned my Charge 5 to Amazon. Went back to my Charge 3 and have my sleep score back. I find it odd that my 3 always works and my 5 never did work. What’s up Fitbit Team?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the updates that you've shared about this problem. 

This information has been shared with the team so they can look into it. In the meantime, please make sure to exhaust all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier. If you continue to have the same problem after all the steps suggested, please get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. 

Thank you again for the information and for the feedback provided. I'd like to let you know that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting VERY angry!  I have the same goddamned problem!  And, of course, the response is: here's a call tag; once we get your charge 5 back we'll send you a replacement!

This sucks!

I thought that Fitbit was a company that actually cared about providing a quality device and providing quality support.  Now, I am leaving on vacation (my first vacation in YEARS) and my stinking tracker isn't reliable and in order to use the warranty, I have to send it back and then wait until FB processes the return and then, only then, send me out a new one.

Apple watch is gonna be in my future I am afraid!

Best Answer

I’m convinced Fitbit is a complete disaster. The software is just dysfunctional. I really haven’t been imputing data because I’m turned off by the horrible flaws. The things that don’t work is the same reason I bought if. Sleep don’t work. Readiness doesn’t work. Steps are horribly off. I find there are also many item missing in the calorie counter. I highly doubt I will renew my membership unless they drastically fix the glitches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I began a thread on 9/6 which read:

With the exception of last Friday (9/2), every night this month only the simplified sleep is showing, despite a fully charged battery and having paid for Premium.  Nothing on my end has changed.  I did restart my device, to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Anyone else having this same issue?

I received DavideFitbit’s standard reply, much like the one Vertualagent received.  DavideFitbit didn’t inform me about this thread or that “information has been shared with the team so they can look into it”.  Of course, I guess it would be rather embarrassing to say the team has known about this issue since APRIL!!  And, the issue still exists!!

As for not renewing my subscription to Premium…  When Fitbit (aka Google) put an end to that cute, motivational game that became my second reason for subscribing to Premium, I read about many people not planning on renewing their subscription.  I wonder if they did.  Now, I’m reading the same thing if the Sleep Score issue isn’t resolved.  Since the Sleep Score is my first reason for subscribing to Premium, if Fitbit chooses to ignore the problem, then I won’t wait until July of next year to unsubscribe from Premium.  In these economic times, if Fitbit can’t/won’t give me that for which I’ve already paid, then I want my money back for the Premium subscription.  I can’t get a refund on my device.  I’ve had it for over a year.  The only way Fitbit can get more money out of me is through their subscriptions.  Obviously, I won’t be buying another device from them.  (They really did go downhill when they were bought by Google.)  So, I say…why let them keep your money.  Get a prorated refund.  Hit them where it counts.

It’s sad that a device that is supposed to improve my health is run by a bunch of inept people resulting in my blood pressure going up every morning when I see only a simplified sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem with my 5 regarding sleep score. Customer no service was frustrating. Warranty is trash. Fortunately, Amazon was gracious enough to take it back for a refund and put me out of my misery. You can get more for less elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night I tried to sync before sleep and moved the  the device farther up my wrist. This morning I wake up and it said it couldn’t get a good heart reading last night. Would it make sense to put the sensing part on the bottom of my wrist instead of wearing it like a watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It would make sense to get your money back. Sleep score never works on my 5 and customer noservive left a loooot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything the official fitbit guides suggested and nothing worked. Buried in some of the community forums were tips on cleaning the sensors (no soap since residue can leave a layer on the sensor) gave it a gentle scrub with a toothbrush and water, and that worked so far, will see if it stays that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have precisely the same problem having upgraded from the Charge 3 with perfect sleep recording to the Charge 5 with useless sleep recording. I only bought the upgrade for the steps and sleep - not all the multifunction which I don't want on my wrist!  The issue I have is that although I regularly get to sleep way before midnight - usually around 10.00pm or 10.30pm the Charge 5 only starts showing my sleep starting the following day usually around 1.00am.  This results in a total sleep time of less than 5 hours when I know I have had nearer 7 or 8.    I have rebooted from factory settings, varied wearing location, synchronised before sleeping, charged to max, tried different sleep settings, cleaned contacts and none of it makes any difference.  My charge 5 is within warranty and I will just have to send it back.  Clearly there is an issue with sleep recording which does not get resolved in the endless updates Fitbit send out.  I will have to go back to my charge 3 - at least that does the job.  

Thanks for your post Tonykrohn - hm not very encouraging but not surprising.  I will have to carry on with my charge 3 or look for another tracker then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would stay away from FitBit because of their refurb policy. You can buy a
brand new one and receive it defective and never get a new one like you
purchased. TO me this is theft and immoral. Google bought them and the
quality plumited and they became super cheap. They would rather send me 5
refurbs instead of one new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dear - no wonder they have 80% one star on Trust Pilot 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So true buddy. They can’t be trusted. Goggle is driving this company to
bankruptcy. Give it a few years. How is the Charge 3 so good but the Charge
5 is a disaster.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably trying to be too clever and jamming too much software in one little piece of kit.  No one probably uses all of it or maybe even half of it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat.  My charge 2 did not miss a night of my sleep profile.  I have had the charge 5 now for four weeks anf i am disappointed with not being able to see my sleep patterns.  I have tried all the avenues suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, to perfectly honest, I want to wind up my participation on this thread with the following piece of information: I no longer experienced this issue anymore since several firmware revisions ago.
Thank you Fitbit for sorting this out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue for over a month. Numerous messages, case numbers, Higher level of technical assistance and still nothing.

Cannot get a refund as store says past the 7 days.  Nobody at Fitbit seems to give a hoot about the device not working according to what is says it can do.  I have also done rebooting, turning heart rate on and off, clearing data, changing sensitivity, changing arms, changing position on arms, changing bands and even tried on my daughter but to no avail.  There are no updates for my phone or device and I even bought a new phone (Went from Samsung S20 to Samsung S22)

I can get no sleep stages, no sleeps scores, no HRV, no breathing rate, no stress management BUT i can get a resting heart rate and oxygen

If you find a solution please please please share. I gave up a Whoop for this

I think Fitbit themselves should refund us all for a device that does not work. They have all the call logs etc so they aware there is a problem but they offer no solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

WE HAVE TRIED CUSTOMER SUPPORT BUT NOTHING !!!!

I have had the same issue for over a month. Numerous messages, case numbers, Higher level of technical assistance and still nothing.

Cannot get a refund as store says past the 7 days.  Nobody at Fitbit seems to give a hoot about the device not working according to what is says it can do.  I have also done rebooting, turning heart rate on and off, clearing data, changing sensitivity, changing arms, changing position on arms, changing bands and even tried on my daughter but to no avail.  There are no updates for my phone or device and I even bought a new phone (Went from Samsung S20 to Samsung S22)

I can get no sleep stages, no sleeps scores, no HRV, no breathing rate, no stress management BUT i can get a resting heart rate and oxygen

If you find a solution please please please share. I gave up a Whoop for this

I think Fitbit themselves should refund us all for a device that does not work. They have all the call logs etc so they aware there is a problem but they offer no solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

belljp, I'm sitting here with no sleep info for last night, so give it some time and you may find yourself back in the same place without your Fitbit working properly.  No, they have not fixed it, or there wouldn't still be people having issues.  And, I'm wondering exactly which sleep record to delete hoping that will "fix" my issues... until the next time... and there will be a next time... there always is with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear that you are FINALLY happy.  Of course, no watch will compare when it comes to how long between necessary recharging ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes