Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recording sleep properly Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hasn't been recording sleep numbers for last two nights and shows I have taken 14918 steps but only burnex 687 calories and gone 0.03 miles. Help don't know what is going on.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Nilescat

I appreciate all the details that you've shared about this issue with the Charge 5.  

Before considering other options, please keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If you haven't done so already, please try to complete a restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

Regarding the number of calories burned, the restart should be helpful as well. However, make sure that all the information in your account settings is correct as well, since the accuracy is also based on your personal setting. 

I'll be around.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone through the steps you suggested and now readings are 15076 steps and 391 calories for today. Reset did not work. Have message that there is an update for my charge five but that is not responding.  Also won't sync this morning!  Don't know what else to do! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nilescat Thanks for sharing that you already tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested. 

In this case, since you already tried all the steps suggested earlier and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

In the meantime, make sure to follow all the steps listed here if you're still having trouble to sync your information properly. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes