Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleepapp not working correctly Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 not showing sleep app correctly

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jane41

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about your Charge 5. 

Could you please provide a few more details about this? Let me know if you're referring to the sleep information shown on the Today app of the Charge 5 or to the Fitbit app. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep monitoring function on my Charge 5 stopped working 2 nights ago.  I had over 50% charge left on my Fit Bit.  I was trying to figure out how to reset it (checking the website) yesterday and the next thing I know, it won't turn on at all.  I attached the charging cord and it showed 0%.  So I left it on the charger to get it charged up.  Last night the sleep function still didn't work.

Best Answer

I too have a similar problem. Using a Charge 5, my sleep is either not recorded or the recording does not start until I have been asleep for 5-6 hours.  The I don't get the sleep record.  Also breathing rate and HRV is not recorded, skim temp and O2 is.  I have tried all the various suggestions such restart, reinstall app, different positions on the wrist.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
I called customer service and reported the problems I was having. The guy
had me plug the device into the charger and then press the button on the
USB end 3 times, waiting 1 second between each time pushing the button.
This restarts the device. (Who knew??) I then opened the app on my phone
and had to resync it. Then my sleep showed up in the app. It also then
showed up on the device.

Since then, I have had to do this daily, which is ridiculous!! I've only
had this thing for 3 months, and paid for "premium" service. And by the
way, the O2 reading has never been accurate. I know this because I use a
pulse ox regularly to check my pulse and oxygen levels.
Best Answer

My charge 5 sleep tracker indicates I'm awake half the night.  It's wrong. The O2 sensor is off 7 points (low). And it gives me credit for walking much further than actual (I track distance using Trailforks and Strava). Any suggestions? I'm on day 7, this is my first FitBit and will be my last if this is what I can expect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding, I hope it all gets resolved soon.

---------

I’m not happy with my Fitbit either thank you for responding

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing that you've been having the same problem to track your sleep and some other metrics. 

It seems that you already tried most of the recommendations shared in the forums. If you haven't done so already, please keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If you haven't done so already, please try to complete a three pulse restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

button charge 5.jpeg

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

However, if you already tried all these steps and you continue to experience the same problem, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes