Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count incorrect on Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Many issues with new updates on IOS! Latest find is inconsistent step counts. To test my observation I Walked my dog on the same path this past week. Measured with car too. 3.2 miles yet Fitbit got it right 2 out of 5 times. Geesh! Time to dump Fitbit and move to a Garmin maybe? 

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, @christekm1 It is nice to see you around, welcome back to the community.

Thanks for letting me know this situation in regards the step count in your Charge 5.

It is curious the step count was not the same since you walked the same path. Many reasons can impact the step count, my best recommendations would be these ones:

- Double check you're wearing the device correctly.
- Make sure to sync your device before starting an activity and use the exercise app to track an exercise.

You can also check this article to have more info in regards on how the step count works, thanks for your efforts!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey, @christekm1 It is nice to see you around, welcome back to the community.

Thanks for letting me know this situation in regards the step count in your Charge 5.

It is curious the step count was not the same since you walked the same path. Many reasons can impact the step count, my best recommendations would be these ones:

- Double check you're wearing the device correctly.
- Make sure to sync your device before starting an activity and use the exercise app to track an exercise.

You can also check this article to have more info in regards on how the step count works, thanks for your efforts!

Best Answer
0 Votes