Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step tracking inaccuracies Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before buying the Charge 5 I use apple Health to track my steps. My phone is usually always on me due to the nature of my work. 

In Health my steps are less than half that of my Fitbit recordings.

7/6/22 Health 7215 steps, Fitbit says 11995 steps.

8/6/22 Health says 5667, Fitbit says 11030 steps.

Ive not changed my routine, so the variation is telling me I reach a health goal of 10k steps but it’s a lie. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @SunsetRunner.  

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about this problem you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Keep in mind the algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement, such as working or cooking, you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. 

Before considering other options, and if you still consider the steps are not accurate, please make sure that you've tried the restart procedure as described in this article, then check if you continue to experience the same behavior. In the meantime, you can find more useful information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices and how to adjust your stride length and dominant hand settings here

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes