Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration strength Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just been setting up my new Charge 5, and am finding the vibration strength isn’t as strong as I expected. I have tried normal and strong vibrations and don’t notice any difference between them. Any suggestions please.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @WitneyJanet 

There isn't a fix that I know of.  I felt exactly the same way after coming from a Charge 4.  I had mine set to strong and felt it was much weaker.  I've found that, over time, I've adjusted my awareness to it, and now it kind of annoys me when it comes at the wrong time when I'm concentrating on something important.

The upshot is, it does seem to be weaker but you get used to within a short space of time and you adjust your sensitivity to it, it seems.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @WitneyJanet 

There isn't a fix that I know of.  I felt exactly the same way after coming from a Charge 4.  I had mine set to strong and felt it was much weaker.  I've found that, over time, I've adjusted my awareness to it, and now it kind of annoys me when it comes at the wrong time when I'm concentrating on something important.

The upshot is, it does seem to be weaker but you get used to within a short space of time and you adjust your sensitivity to it, it seems.

Best Answer

Thanks Wibbly. It’s always interesting getting a new device, seeing where the improvements are and the disadvantages. I suppose we are all different as to what matters to us. I was relieved that the vibrations on the alarm were sufficient to wake me this morning. As you say, I shall probably adapt to it.

Best Answer

Yes.  I’m glad it woke you up!  It’s amazing how quickly we do adapt.  Give it a couple of weeks and you’ll be jumping at 10 minutes to the hour if you haven’t made your 250 steps…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome back to the Fitbit Community forums, @WitneyJanet

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5. 

Unfortunately there is no option for the moment to increase the strength of the vibration for the alarms with the Charge 5 in addition to the different vibration settings you mentioned earlier. I noticed some suggestions posted in the forums for other Fitbit watches but I didn't see one for the Charge 5, so I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible. You can also consider voting for this idea

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My alarm does not come on. But there is a message of time up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Nailla

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

Could you please provide a few extra details about this problem you mentioned earlier? In the meantime, please try to remove and re-add the alarm, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?

In addition, you can also try restarting your device following these steps

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week I bought the Charge 5. The vibration felt very weak. I have tried normal and strong vibrations settings and did not notice any difference between them. Yesterday I went back tot the shop and I explaned the problem. I got a new one and it had the same problem. I contacted the Fitbit support and they said it is a known problem. Can we expect an update so that vibration problem will be solved ?

Best Answer
I had a similar issue with my first Fitbit 5. But after other issues my
Fitbit was replaced and the hourly mobility vibrations were very loud and I
was surprised because the first one I never felt. But after a couple of
days the vibrations stopped completely. Now I just watch the time and do
my 250 steps. Also when I got my new Fitbit it would vibrate when my 250
step goal was attained. It would let me know my other goals. All that
stopped after a couple of days. So I guess that’s a problem.
Hope that helps
Nailla Devraj
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

So, am I understanding that it's not adjustable on the Charge 5, as it was on the Charge 4?

Best Answer
It’s adjustable but it just doesn’t work after a while to alert you to get
up every hour.
That’s my experience. It might be different for other people.
Nailla
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

OK, I found the Settings, and saw the Normal/Strong setting for Notifications/Vibrations.

Locating Settings doesn't seem as straightforward as on my Charge 4, but happily, I think this improves the vibration.

If you find that you no longer get the vibration, you may have turned your Do Not Disturb setting on - that turns off ALL the buzzing at your wrist!

I want just the activity notification, no phone calls or texts, or badges or whatnot.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I too am interested in the hourly activity alert and one alarm which
vibrates quite strongly. But the hourly alert stopped working after the
first few days. So now I just keep an eye on the clock to move
Nailla
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing all your feedback and comments about this issue you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

If you haven't done so already or if you're new to this thread, make sure to try the steps listed here earlier in case your alarms or the vibration are not working. at all.

If you continue to have this problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

See you around in the Community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes