Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is good and bad EDA numbers? Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got Charge 5 and can’t find out what the score means. Mine was 19. Not sure if it’s good or bad!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Suzie_M Welcome to the Fitbit community.

Generally spoken, an EDA scan tracks changes in heart rate and electrodermal responses during that measurement. Thereby the EDA score, which ranges from 0 to 100,  indicates the number of changes. So the lower your EDA score, the more relaxed you are.

Immediately after having done an EDA scan you should swipe up and choose how you personally are feeling at the moment. So over time Fitbit will learn your personal stress level zones and be able to process these for your individual stress management .

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

how do we get the 19 for example mine reads 2, 5, 4, 3 do I just add the numbers to get 13? what are the normal ranges for stress levels? thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

when you say 0 to 100 does that come from adding the numbers from each session? thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

To get deeper insights on EDA scan with your Charge 5, you might want to have a look here, @Suzie_M and @nhuq67 :

Get feedback on your mindfulness with EDA 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hi @nhuq67 

From what I understand, each time you do the EDA scan, you'll receive a score. These are not added together even if you do multiple scans in a day. 

You might be interested in the latest The Pulse Fitbit blog posts. There's a 3 part article about the Stress Management scores that provides a lot more detail and information about the EDA scores. As of the time of this post, part 1 & 2 are available. Click here to access the articles: The Pulse Fitbit Community Blog

Hopefully, the article will have the information to answer your questions. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Thanks RiekoC. Just like for HRV there is a 'range' that people fall into based on their age, I haven't found the same for EDA. I've done a number of them and they range from ten to sixteen. I would like to know how that compares to someone my age. Is anyone aware of how to locate such data? Thanks.

Thanks Talahthas. I watched the video, is there a range of numbers based on age? 

Best Answer

Hi @nhuq67 

Unlike HRV, the EDA score is not related to a person's age. The 12 metrics used to calculate the score is based on the individual's activities (exertion balance), sleep patterns, and responsiveness as described in part 2 of the article on Stress management score. The score, based on physiological data along with one's reported mood (psychological input), determines your personal stress level.

Age range does not factor into the equation for stress. An older person can have a lower stress level than a younger person and visa versa. How stressed one is depends on what's going on in a person's life as well as how your body is reacting. That's why the EDA score is unique to the person & there's no set of values based on age ranges.

Hope this makes sense to you. Perhaps part 3 may shed more light to your questions. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information, but I'm still interested in the original question. My numbers are typically in the 20s, but I consider myself pretty relaxed. Having these EDA numbers without any real context isn't very useful.

Best Answer

Thanks. I was wondering the same about the 'intra' day stress notices, I had two for about 4 minutes, that is low for me, I would like to know how it compares to others...is that data available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nhuq67 

The EDA comparison data that you're looking for isn't tracked by Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes