Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change clock time zone without internet access?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR syncs via my phone. When I travel to another country where I don't have internet access on my phone, I cannot sync and pick up the new time zone that I have manually set on my phone.

I assume that the bluetooth connection between the Charge HR and the phone does not require the phone to be on the internet. If so, it would be a nice feature if the Charge HR could just pick up the phone's new time zone without doing a full sync (which I understand needs the internet).

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Unfortunately, it can't be done.  But it will work fine if your phone is connected to wifi, so many international airports all over the world will let you connect for free, or Starbucks... or even Google balloons.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks for the confirmation. My issue is in situations where there is no wifi. I don't understand why internet connection is needed just to get the fitbit device to mirror the time shown on the phone it is paired with. 

Best Answer
I am in the military and there are times that I go weeks with out connectivity and it pretty much makes the watch not so useful because I need to know the time and am not going to wear 2 watches. A little disappointing.
Best Answer

I have a similar problem I'm in the Navy and spend a lot of time away at sea while changing multiple time zones sometimes daily and I wear my fitbit as my main watch day to day would be nice to have the capability to even change the time zone manually. In the next update could we please try work on being able to sync without network or even add the capability to change the time

thanks

Best Answer

I stopped using my fitbit for that reason.  There is absolutely NO reason that has to be linked to the internet.  It is only so Fitbit can track you.  A very dangerous issue.

Best Answer

The time cannot be directly adjusted without internet access until Fitbit decides to implement such a change.  However, there is an awkward workaround.  After a shutdown your device retains all data (up to about a week per somewhere on this site) and the time at shutdown.  Upon restart, the device begins at the time it had at shutdown. So to change to a later time zone shutdown your device for an hour.  To an earlier timezone, shutdown for 23 hours (or whatever).

Best Answer

More and more electronic gadgets are doing this now and it's terrible practice. I call it planned obsolescence since the gadget will cease to function when the manufacturers want it to, causing you to go out and buy a new product. I tossed my Xbox One for this reason.

Best Answer

SugatoB- we agree, my wife and I love to travel - our last cruise was a TransAtlantic that required 6 time changes. After spending hours trying to change the time, I gave up and bought a cheap watch.  I have had a number of Fitbits and this may be the last - both my wife and I have Fitbit Sense. Thankful that our phone can be manually changed. The internet on the last cruise was undependable and unable to update the phone. 

Best Answer

I agree with you. I don’t understand why the correct time can only be obtained through an internet connection. It would seem using bluetooth, for example, could be a solution. I often cruise and if I can’t rely on my Fitbit showing the right time, it makes it more difficult to be on time for tours, etc. While I love my Versa 3, I am seriously considering switching to another brand where I won’t have this problem. I have read through posts dating back as far as six years ago where people in our military voiced the same complaint. Just to say thank you for your service should be a big enough reason for Fitbit to do something. Shame on you Fitbit.

Best Answer

Are you saying, too bad and use the watch with the wrong time?

Can Fitbit be program to allow user change the time.  After all, it is a watch that can't tell time correctly.

Anybody know another smart watch that allow user change the time manually?

Best Answer

I have a Vera 3 with GPS built in, but this watch does not know where I am and change the time according to the time zone.  so, my watch is an hour behind or some wrong time defend on the time zone I am in.

Fitbit designer, make use of the GPS in Vera 3.  In-case you want to know, there are current time info. in the GPS data.  Thanks.

Best Answer