Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 readability in sunlight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I spend a lot of time outdoors in the sunlight. I often am not able to read the display on my Fitbit. Is there a film or screen I can purchase to help make the display readable?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is almost impossible to read the screen in direct sunlight at any of the settings.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Community Forums @Pumpkin2073

Regarding your inquiry, it's easy to see the tracker's display in direct sunlight. Keep in mind that you can always adjust the brightness of your Charge 3. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings, you can select between: Dim, Normal or Auto.

You can find more information about your tracker in the Charge 3 User Manual

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is almost impossible to read the screen in direct sunlight at any of the settings.

Best Answer

I have a charge 3 that is only 1 1/2 years old. In normal mode I cannot see ANYTHING on my screen when out in sunlight (even if I try shading the display). I just tested the auto mode and I can see the time display in the sun, but when I go into the exercise screen I cannot make out whether I am in bike, hike or otherwise. This really defeats a big part of the purpose for why I bought it. Disappointment for sure!

Best Answer

Mine has been retired to the junk drawer. Back to my Versa 1.

I switched from that partly for style and 7 day battery life and mostly for syncing problems and exercise tracking mysteriously stopping. 

Happy to say been two months now and zero problems with the Versa. And so easy to read in any environment.

Best Answer

The Charge 3 is NOT legible in direct sun light.  No matter what setting you set it at.  Too make matters worse, the screen timeout is way to short such that when viewing in sunlight you don’t have time to shade the screen so you see.

Best Answer

Yep, I no matter the setting…I cannot see the display in daylight.  Last Fitbit I will own.

Best Answer

There is not a setting that allows you to see the charge 3 screen in the daylight none 

Best Answer

I don't pretend that my answer is the best, but there are things that are obvious. The charge of mobile devices depends to a large extent on the resources that you use every day. It so happened that I'm looking for a relationship now and I use a special site for communication, look here. It requires a large amount of memory to share photos and videos. I'm not talking about many numerical correspondence. So I'm not surprised that I need to recharge more often than usual.

Best Answer
0 Votes