Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 strap keeps falling off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 3 for a year until the straps broke. I bought another one and but it refuses to click and stay. The slightest move of my wrist causes the band to fall off. I don’t know whether the problem is the band or the Fitbit. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums, @Flower25.

If you are having problems putting your wristband on, I recommend taking a look at the help article: How do I change the wristband on my Fitbit device? and make sure you are following those steps.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read the article and repeatedly tried to secure the bands. One of the bands stays but the other repeatedly detaches.

Sent from my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same happen to me, today while trying to replace my bands.  I noticed that one band was difficult to remove.  Pressing down on the flat button didn't seem to budge the button.  Applying more pressure to the button eventually released the latch, but then the new strap wouldn't lock into place,. I realized that weeks/months of sweat built up under and around the latch (gross).  The flat button got stuck when pressing it down.  After a thorough cleaning with a pick, pipe cleaner, and water, I leveraged the flat button back "up" with a small screwdriver.  The new band then snapped into place.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the advice but after cleaning my Fitbit, nothing changed. I believe the problem is with the band itself, though I do not see anything wrong with it.

Sent from my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem with the replacement unit (original straps) for my Charge 3. The first unit had a faulty screen but at least the straps stayed on!!! There's no tension in the little black lugs that are supposed to snap snugly into the strap-ends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have about 8 bands.  When one kept falling off I put another one on that I seldom wore and it too wouldn't stay on. None of them would stay on. The problem clearly is with the Fit bit itself, not the bands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 fitbits later same problem with band corroding and breaking even with the last replacement 8 mos ago.

I believe it is the device itself being plastic.

Think I will just give up the money and go another type of watcg.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i bought some cheap bands in a three pack on amazon and first one has lasted 6+ months…

Best Answer
0 Votes