Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download app on iPhone 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I got the Fitbit today for Mother's Day, but the app won't download onto my iPhone 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Community @GretchenEIf you are having trouble finding the Fitbit app, please follow these instructions:

1. Open the App Store.
2. In the top-right search field, type "Fitbit."
3. If you do not see the Fitbit app in your search results, please tap "iPhone Only" from the dropdown menu; the Fitbit app should appear.
4. Tap "FREE" then "INSTALL" to install the Fitbit app.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know how to download. I'm saying that it won't. I get an error message saying Fitbit cannot be downloaded.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked if your phone has enough storage to download the Fitbit app @GretchenE? I recommend rebooting your phone and try the download procedure one more time.

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've rebooted about 5 times, and I have over 30 GB of available storage.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GretchenE This is really odd. You should be able to download the app without any issues. Try accessing the app from the link in our setup section. It will launch your web browser on your phone. From there try downloading the app to your phone. 

]Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working, but I think it has something to do with my home's wifi.

- Gretchen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having trouble downloading the app to my Iphone 6.  It has 9.3.1 loaded....I have used the app for several months, then all of a sudden quit working....I deleted and tried to reinstall...and it won't download from the cloud.  I tap on it and it acts like it's going to download for just a second, then goes back to the cloud symbol.  So frustrated....I got a new Charge because customer support thought it was a problem with my old fitbit....HELP...I'm now thinking it's an app problem...however....my old charge wasn't syncing with my laptop either....suggestions?

Best Answer

@dkcquilts Welcome to our Community! Have you tried the suggestions in my previous post

@GretchenE Try maybe using your mobile data or if you can another wifi signal just to test is you can download the app.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I was able to download once I connected through cellular data (not wifi). But now it won't sync (with or without wifi).

- Gretchen
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GretchenE Great to hear that you were able to download the app. Try restarting your phone and tracker. You can restart your tracker by doing the following:

1.- Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge. Your Charge will begin charging.
2.- Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
3.- Let go of the button.
4.- Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If you continue having issues syncing your tracker try these suggestions from @SunsetRunner.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning my charge 2 was not syncing with iPhone 6s and so I followed the above suggestions and now I can't get the app to download on to the phone. I don't know what else to do.

Best Answer

This worked for me to see the app from app store, but I won’t let me download. The response I get is that the app in not available in my market (Tanzania).

Best Answer

I'm having same issue.  The app isn't downloading when attempting to download and install either using WIFI or Cellular data. 

Best Answer

Forgot to mention that I have a IPhone 6plus 64 gb.

Best Answer

@HP1966 @Gidibo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! You can try these suggestions to change your location and be able to download the Fitbit app on your iPhone. Basically you need to have an account showing it is from the US.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

the app won’t download on my new iPhone 6. It opens and logs data IN the App Store but won’t put the icon on my phone. It worked fine on my iPhone 5S. This is really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jillsn Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Fitbit app not installing on your iPhone 6. This is odd. I would like to know where are you logging data (you mention you can open and log data in the app store)? Could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? Are you actually using the web browser on your phone (safari)? You should be able to install the Fitbit app by going to the app store and searching for Fitbit. Make sure you browse iPhone apps on your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes