Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

@biggermann wrote:

what is bulletproof coffee?

2 cups coffee with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp coconut oil.  i also throw in a splash fo heavy cream and a dash of stevia.  throw it all in a blender (i use my ninja blender) and blend for about 10 seconds.  comes out nice and frothy and delicious.  one of these for breakfast and i'm good to go until lunch.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

My favourite breakfast smoothie, Chocolate Banana Almond Smoothie:

-1 frozen banana

-1/4 cup plain fat-free greek yogurt

-1 cup unsweetened plain or chocolate almond milk

-1 tbsp almond butter

-1 tbsp cocoa powder

-1 tsp ground flax seeds

-1/2 tsp honey (optional)

Blend everything together until smooth. 

Best Answer

I try to split my 1200 calories a day into three meals - I have days where I'm not hungry but know that I need to eat something to fuel up.  Monday through to Friday I keep it simple:

- toasted muesli (not a fan of natural), greek yoghurt and being a creature of habit, a decent coffee made with skim milk.  

- boiled egg with multigrain toast, vegemite and coffee

On the weekends I get a bit more adventurous and because I know I can burn more calories during this time, feel guilt free when indulging in something a bit more special.  My favs are:

- Omelette either vegetarian on a bed of spinach leaves or with a bit of bacon or chorizo (depending on exercise plan for the day)

- Scrambled eggs with chorizo (Michelle Bridges recipe)

- Egg (boiled or poached) with Avocado on multigrain toast and baked beans (weight watchers for good measure)

The weekend meals are around 400 calories so need to make sure I don't snack mid morning to keep in check.  Plus the bonus is the hubby loves the weekend breakfasts and they are inexpensive compared to dining out! 

Well that's me! 

Best Answer

Usually I eat, 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of quick oats, 1/2 an apple cut up, and 2 tsp of cinnamon.  cook in the microwave for 1 minute... YUMMY

Best Answer

A typical breakfast for me is 1 cup of raisin bran (190 calories), .25 cup of raisins (130 calories), and 1 cup of nonfat milk (80 calories). I try to keep my meals small so I bring an apple and grapes for a morning/ afternoon snack. 

Best Answer
Typical:
An egg (usually hard boiled)
A weight watchers English muffin
Yogurt
Coffee

Or

Cheerios/wheatabix/chex cereal with almond milk
Yogurt
Piece of fruit
Coffee
(Always coffee, and I haven't found a way to give up my half and half cream, so I measure out 2 tbsp and top up with almond milk.)
Best Answer

I need to add more fruits and veggies in my diet so I make a smoothie with a cup of either raw spinach, kale or other leafy greens. I add at least 3 fruits, A small banana or avacodo makes it creamy. I varie the fruits and also occasionaly add 10 nuts such as walnuts, almonds, or raw cashews. I use a Bullet to make the smoothie. Along with the smoothie I have 2 pieces of health nut bread toasted.

Best Answer

oats socked in fruit salad with yogert most days and 3 cups of tea  no suger  but low fat milk powder. 

Best Answer

cold breakfast: 

boiled egg, boiled turkey sausages, cheese cubes and  whole grain toast.

warm breakfast: 

boiled plantains, black beans, whole grain toast. 

tamale, black beans and worchestershire sauce. 

scrambled eggs with turkey ham, cottage cheese and salsa verde on toasted tortillas.

Yeah, latino food is epic Cat Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Some sort of Green Protein Smoothie. Today was kale, spinach, protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, pineapple and cinnamon.

No clue how many calories (I'd estimate maybe 250-300?), but it had 19 grams of protein.

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

A cup of coffee with milk ~50-75 calories

A hardboiled egg white~20 calories

A Dannon Greek Yogurt ~80 calories

Total calories for breakfast is ~150-175

I eat the same exact thing every morning and its the only thing that keeps me full for about 2-3 hours after my workout.

I onlt eat about 1,000-1,100 calories a day so this fits right into my plan and I can have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day!

Best Answer

Today I had a ancient grain wrap (made from quinoa) with almond butter on it and a few choclate chips, then put a banana in there and rolled it up.

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

For breakfast I make a smoothie with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries or mixed berries, flax seed oil and whey protein, or I'll have steel-cut oatmeal and an apple.  Either one will keep me full until lunch.

Best Answer

my typical breakfast is peanutbutter(simply jiff) and bluberry jam(polaner)on white toast(sliced bread)=375 calories. or i will have (quaker) 2 instant oatmeal packets =320 calories plus a banana. is this a good breakfast to have before work?

Best Answer

@Cheetsnyc That's a lot of sugar in the morning, in my opinion.

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

@PaleoCrossfit  Never noticed the suger count thanks for the advice.

Best Answer

My bullet proof coffee is 12-16ozs regular coffee blended with 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon butter(not margerine), and 1 tablespoon heavy cream(heavy whipping cream). In season we grow stevia and I sometimes include steeping the coffee with stevia. bon appetit

May the Force be with you. Han Solo
Best Answer

I'm a huge fan of breakfast smoothies that you can make the day before. I use ball glass jars with the straw tops. I rotate them, but they are all high protien, high fiber and low (ish) sugar.

On weekends, I eat a big breakfast, usually eggs, quiche, waffles or pancakes and bacon.

I get up at 5:30 to work out and have to be out of the house by 7:15. This gives me time to work out, get ready and spend a little time with my 3 kids. I was skipping breakfast for a long time and then my energy level was crashing by the time I got to work.

Best Answer

Wow! That is a ground shaking coffee! Smiley Surprised

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Protein Powder, 1/4 cup oatmeal and 1 fruit, and sometimes a little bit of spinach blended.

Best Answer