Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I be healthier if I quit drinking?

I didn’t know where to post this, but let’s pretend it relates to nutrition:

Would I be healthier if I quit drinking?

Just in case, it’s about drinking (or not drinking) alcohol, not water  Smiley Wink

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I am healthier and happier since I quit drinking. This is the first week where I lost count for how long it has been, which I think is a very good sign (around 5 to 6 weeks now). I was ok visiting my parents last week and have them drink while I didn't. Today I am going out with a friend and I already know I actually prefer not to drink. I am happy I was finally ready to make the change.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I quit 16 years ago. I don't miss it at all.

"Why are we here? Because we're here." - Neil Peart
Best Answer

Overall health includes your mental and emotional health. If you'll be bummed out about not having a drink with friends every now and then, then you're harming yourself emotionally. Long term health needs to be sustainable and realistic. If you want to enjoy a beer or two just make sure it fits into your overall caloric plan and enjoy every sip!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Agreed! Because it works for me and others to not drink at all, does not mean it works for everyone. Even for myself it might change again with time.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Absolutely yes . . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes