Ability to disable automatic goal notification

It would be great if we were able to turn off/disable the vibration on the automatic goal notification.  It can be quite startling.  My heart just about stops almost everytime it happens.  

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

127 Comments
wetzk
Base Runner

Or give us the ability to have the device ignore the goal and just send the email.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When reaching your daily goal, the tracker vibrates (Flex, other trackers?). I like to have the option to disable the 'reaching goal vibrating buzz' for safety reasons (possible to auto turn on / off by choosing days of week and time?).

In circumstances like when working with machines such as a chainsaw, a hedge trimmer,.. the buzzing may come unexpected and can then lead to possible incidents with the machines or personal health.

For safety reasons, please consider the option.

Thank You Cat Happy

ranjeetjain
First Steps

I would like, rather love that setting, please consider....

JoeS
Jogger

Concur with all the criticisms of FB food tracker. I went back to Livestrong My Plate. Recommend linking FB to LMP or replicating its gui.

Chinchillax
First Steps

This is the only thing I dislike about my fitbit. I'm changing my step goal to 100,000 just so I don't think I'm getting a phone call halfway through the day.

WikidWard
Jogger

I think you need a system update that allows the vibration function to be turned off. It would be as simple as turning off the main goal, and since you already have the function to change it from one item to another, adding an option to turn it off isn't that hard to do.

This will allow people to work through their goals without having a shock of the arm vibrating or in my case an actual shock due to the fact the the vibrations are too much

cupholder
Recovery Runner

Right now I need to get up early, which means I'm going to bed early, but it so happens that my surge it vibrating after I've fallen asleep (last night at 10.30pm) to indicate to me that I've hit my calorie target for the day.

Any chance you could make this configurable for the user?

jcim1ru
Recovery Runner

I would love it if I could turn off this feature.  It buzzes at the most inopportune moments for me!

Sarah_J
Recovery Runner
If you change the goal to steps or stairs, you shouldn't hit the goal in your sleep, so won't be woken up. But I agree, the option to turn the alert off altogether would be useful.
kabeman
First Steps

I agree with the other posters!

Im an electrician and it happened the other day while working inside an electrical panel.

Not good! 🙂 

(I know you can raise the "goal" but that seems like a crude way to turn it off)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea, I will definitely relay it onto the team for further consideration. Thanks for sharing your idea on the feature request board Robot Happy.

Cslyles76
Jogger

I would like to have the ability to turn the vibration function off. It seems that this is a pretty big drain on the battery, and with me recording my exercise it vibrates at least twice a day. I would still be able to see if the exercise was recording/stopping by the stopwatch and flag symbols on the watch and be able to save my battery for what really matters.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

GCB
First Steps

The first time my watch buzzed at me, it scared the s__t out of me!  Then I went back to the dashboard to get rid of this feature that I had not installed in the first place.  No such luck.

Still today, after a month, even though I know it's coming, no matter what I do, it still catches me by surprise ... such an unpleasant feeling to have something vibrating against your veins on your wrist.

It should be a simple task to remove this feature - wait ... the feature should not be set automatically by the manufacturer, period.  There is no doubt in my mind that it scares everybody the first time it happens.  It almost made me fall off my treadmill as I was running.

I will continue to waste my time on the dashboard to remove this feature - apparently, there is a way I can.  Great.  Awesome.  Ugh...............

phillhunter
First Steps

It is important for me to be able to turn the vibration off.

I drive an Dangerous Goods Vehicle and that unexpexted vibration can be startling. 

phillhunter
First Steps

The ability to turn this vibrate function off is important to me.

I drive a Dangerous Goods vehicle and the unexpected vibration can be startling.

SkinnedRat
Keeping Pace

This is a must have in my books... I set my calorie goal to 8000 (completely unrealistic, it will never happen), since the first night I had the surge, I got woken up for hitting my goal just after falling asleep.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please - every evening I get anxious- knowing that it is going to vibrate and scare me.  I even consider taking it off.     I can not for the life of me fiigure out how to 'change my goal' so it will not vibrate at 10k steps.    I prefer not to 'change my goal' but would if I could!   I have spent 3 evenings trying to get this figured out!   so so frustated!!!!!!!  

SkinnedRat
Keeping Pace

@SunsetRunner- I took a look to see where I changed it, both on my android app, and the web based dashboard, and I couldn't find it anywhere! I can easily find what goal to change the notification for, but not the goal value itself...

Ridiculous!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Thank you for looking!!!! Very nice of you. I figured out how to email Fitbit so I have emailed them the question. Thank you SkinnedRat!
gar11
First Steps

Any word of when this is going to be corrected?  I was quoted by the moderator as "a great idea" many moons ago yet it has not been fixed.  I honestly hate this feature about my fitbit and have been actively steering my friends toward competing products for this exact reason.  I rectified this by raising the step goal to a riduculous number but then why even have a goal if it's unattainable?

Hey fitbit - listen to your customers or lose business to your competition!

misssappy
First Steps

If you reach a goal while you are sleeping, you get woken up by the vibrate of the fitbit.  Really quite bad programming to not be able to turn this off.  Why not be able to choose phone banner notification ?

Pfiga
Runner

My Fitbit One tracker recently started making a short buzzing sound and vibrating once when I hold down the button to go into (or out of) sleep or activity mode. It would be great if you could make this feature optional so that users who do not like it could turn it off.  Thank you!

Martinrrr
First Steps

Please make a way for us to turn off vibrations.

SirPrize
First Steps
This is a must have, and surely completed simple to code!
JohnArmstrong
First Steps
I would love the ability to decide if and how I get notified of reaching my goal, as a vibration would not be one of them.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.