A universal charging w/stronger magnet cable for all Fitbit Trackers

Dear Fitbit,

Why do you have different charging cables for different products? This is very bad for the environment and bad design.

Suggestion: make a universal charging cables, if needed just change the adapters.

Thanks!

24 Comments
TSM66
Recovery Runner

I love my Blaze! While not perfect...it does have quite a few features that used to take me multiple devices to achieve. However, I would like to be able to customize which stats I would like to see for any given exercise I am doing.  I would like to cheery pick from a list which stats I want to see.  Also I don't understand why we can't see our stats on all the watch faces i.e. the flare...why can't I tap it it to scroll thru heart rate, steps etc like I can on the other face? and finally, I would love a universal charger for all Fitbit devices...with others in the same house we are constantly searching for OUR charger.  My husband charges his on the wall...I need my computer.  Weird.  ONE charger, should fit all devices and charges in the wall or in the car!

Jamba
First Steps

I love my charge 2 but the alarm and notification are a waste of money as they are so soft they never wake me up give me the prompts they are there to do. Please sort out a fix Fitbit.

GreenLiz
First Steps

I totally agree. 

TomMiller6
Jogger

I agree with TSM66 about the customizable clock faces.  There are some clock faces I like more than others, but the ones I like don't allow me to display the information I want to display.  We should have the option of picking the info we want to show and the same info should be available to all of the clock faces.  For example, I like the Zone clock face but it would be better if I could see my steps count right on there or be able to tap scroll through the different info.

sjhowe
Base Runner

I agree with the need for a universal charger!

Base Runner

Yes, it would be really nice to be able to customize the watch face!

Jw_
First Steps

A customizable face would be ideal. Not just what stats you want but a design feature. I would love to design my own faces

Briumph
First Steps

Just got my Blaze and really like it so far... but I would LOVE it with the ability to customize my own watch faces.  You have a great product but it could take over the market with this simple edition.  All the Best!

aofree
First Steps

Hello Fitbit., 

It would be much better if all Fitbit chargers are kept the same. It's frustrating trying to find a shop that sells the chargers and when you find one they don't have the specific charger you are looking for. An uncharged Fitbit is not useful to anyone. 

The other suggestions would be allowing designers to produce Fitbit accessories like straps etc similar to the way we buy iPhone covers. I, for example, haven seen Ralph Lauren watches would welcome being able to buy a like Ralph Lauren strap for my Fitbit. 

Can you also make it possible to buy accessories from the app?

Regards,

A

mrcoffie
First Steps

I would like a way to change the colors of certain faces on the Blaze, like you can on the Apple Watch. I traded my Apple Watch 2 in for this because I was so used to the Charge HR's simplicity. The clincher for me would be if this were waterproof, like the Apple Watch 2, but I'm so used to taking my Charge HR off prior to water sports & things that it wasn't a must-have (although it will be when the price comes down on the Apple Watch 2 when the Apple Watch 3 comes out later this year!)

Also, thank you for allowing multiple Fitbits on one account. It's helpful for when you are charging one, you can continue the activity monitoring on the other and syncing the activities to your account! 🙂

Best,

Marc

Bradford9
First Steps

If Fitbit continues to release devices without a universal charging cable, this will be my last Fitbit. Why don't you use the same connector as cell phones so I can use a charging cable I already have? It is SUPER annoying that my wife and I both have a Fitbit but the charging cables are different. Additionally, the charging cable needs the ability to plug into a wall outlet rather than a computer USB port.

An even better idea would be to add wireless charging. I could place the Fitbit on a charging pad over night rather than look around for which charging cable is the correct charging cable.

Sirmanbearpig
First Steps

I also would like customizable watch faces

TheBigHead
Recovery Runner
Bentravelling
First Steps

Lack of standard charger is why I have refused to buy another FitBit.  I need a new tracker, looking but finding similar problem with other manufacturers so I am just waiting.

ClaytonC
First Steps

Totally agree, I want to be able to have the face I like & display the info I want to see.

NavinB
Jogger

Yes, customizable watch faces please - too much pink in the options I love.

Selvamrk
First Steps

i want more watch faces or custom watch faces to get better experience with my fitbit blaze.

Automatic breathe suggestion would be much appreciated.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @aofree thanks for sharing these suggestions. I've edited the title of your Feature Suggestion so that it focuses on the one idea of a universal charger. Additionally, we are very happy to have worked with designers to product various accessories and bands such as Tory Burch and Public School.

As far as buying accessories from the mobile app, there is an accessories tile if you have a Fitbit Ionic paired to your account, which links to the Fitbit store where you can shop. If you're looking for something more comprehensive, I suggest you create a new Feature Suggestion with more details outlined about exactly what you're wanting so that we and other community members can understand more fully (and vote!). Thanks

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

stubee
Runner

Jeez Fitbit.....can you make a standard charger design and use it for all models?

We have four fitbits in our family are they are all different chargers.  I was thinking at least the kids' Ace and Alta HR would be the same....they look the same.  But the connectors are a different angle. man.

I have no idea how the versa charger design was thought to be useful.  Was it designed to be used without straps, because with straps it just ends up on it's side.

Anyways..to summarize...get an expert in to assist in a standard design that can be used on all models.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @stubee, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

dodgingwrenches
Recovery Runner
I would love to see compatibility among chargers. I had an Alta HR, bought a second charger for it, but it died after 1.5 years. Then I got a Versa 2, and the extra chargers from my Alta HR were not compatible. My Versa 2 died after 1.5 years, and I bought a Versa 3 thinking at least I can use my Versa 2 chargers, but no, the Versa 3's is different
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dodgingwrenches, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a universal charging cable for all our Fitbit devices with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep tracking this request over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.