Ability to change the snooze duration on old Fitbit devices

Add a snooze duration on the blaze app so we can change the amount of time for the snooze.  I would like it to be ten minutes.  If I could change it on the app it would be great!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels

21 Comments
FLATLINEcustoms
First Steps

I recently got a Flex and love it. The silent alarm wakes me up wonderfully. I tap the band and fall back asleep. I guess my brain subconsciously is used to a snooze... Why is there not a snooze option on the phone app? Maybe tap the band to snooze and the only way to turn the alarm off is by phone? Would be a nice option.

Joel

TaylahAnne
First Steps
A large number of people use a snooze alarm in the mornings. I find myself turning the alarm off thinking it is a snooze button in my morning haze and falling back asleep. All other alarms have snooze options. Please add one! 🙂
lumaca
Recovery Runner

I would find very useful snooze function with automatic. I would like, in the settings panel to activate single alarm, find the opportunity to check the "snooze" box where this function postpones the alarm clock to a time chosen by the user with a box where to enter the desired time or a preset drop down menu (5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.). When the function is activated and the alarm vibrates the button on the device is pressed and the alarm goes off (as normally happens now) but remains in stand-by. If after the snooze time setted the Fitbit device does not detect that the user is out of bed the alarm vibrates again (and again) if the Fitbit device detects that the user got up from bed the alarm goes off until the following day.
I think this option would make it much more complete and functional the silent alarm function of Fitbit devices.

KarraR
Jogger
I second this idea!
Jbranche
First Steps

I would love to see a feature that either connects the silent alarm on my Charge to the phones alarm clock and/or a snooze feature that makes you open the app in order to stop the alarm from going off.

Moderator edit: labels.

windkew
Keeping Pace

Agreed I can too easily turn off the alarm by quickly taping the side button on my charger HR. I would much rather have the option to use that as a snooze button and then have to go into the app to turn off the alarm. Although this rases the question what if your phone is dead and cant get into the app.. (Any suggestions??). 

_Kyle

Kimbrethauer
Recovery Runner
Please add more than one snooze cycle to the silent alarms on the Charge 2. Currently there is only one cycle and the alarm turns off. This is very different than the Charge HR. Why did Fitbit change this?
702gator
First Steps

It would be nice if there were more than 2 silent alarm snooze cycles in the Charge 2. I have to set multiple alarms to overcome this shortcoming. 

PaulTO
Jogger

I have a variation on this.

I want an alarm that doesn't require me to turn it off. It goes off and that is it.

I have an alarm at 6:50 when I should be out the door. It goes off, I know whether I have am ahead or behind schedule.

It is a bit of a pain to have to turn it off.

..maybe I am asking a bit much of my fitness tracker!.. 😉

dlott
First Steps

I would like to see:

- a configurable number of 9 minute alarm snooze cycles.

- tap screen to stop vibration and go into next snooze cycle.

- press button to turn off current alarm instance prior to configured number of snooze cycles being reached.

Mrborg
Recovery Runner

It is a major catastrophe only to have one snooze-cycle when the snooze-activator is passivity - you can never be sure to woken by your Fitbit charge 2 then. And with the weaker vibration strength of the Fitbit charge 2 I would suggest you to get a second Fitbit charge for silent alarm on your other arm to be 100% sure to be woken. 

FittyFit
Jogger

I agree - I just started using this feature and was excited to do so. I have now slept through the alarm (and snooze) twice. There should be more snooze cycles or a feature for a more robust attempt at waking! Now I need to keep a noisy alarm on standby which is what I wanted to avoid.

Bc77
First Steps

Another vote for multiple snooze options. And clearly distinguished options to disable vs snooze e.g. "press and hold to disable", "tap/ignore to snooze".

Hchannel94
First Steps

Just like with the iPhone alarm, I wish the snooze cycles would continue until I dismiss the alarm or turn it off.

Mrborg
Recovery Runner

I overslept AGAIN this morning due to one Snooze alarm cycle and I have now setup 3 morning alarms to have enough cycles each morning (NOT a good solution but it works almost).

I really cannot recommend Fitbit Charge 2 to anyone.   

Calintulai
First Steps

You shoud implement the same procedure as in Charge HR. As the alarm goes off, by tapping the screen it enters in the snooze mode for 9 minutes and continues until you press the button to cancel it completely. With Charge2 it's a mess... tapping the screen or pressing the button both cancel the alarm so I end up oversleeping. There is a snooze mode if you don't take any action after 15 sec but it happens only once. Please fix this. Thank you

Ladylord
First Steps

I really don't understand why an alarm's snooze function on any device would be set to a certain time & not be adjustable. We are all different & like to snooze for different times, please give us the option to choose for ourselves! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Binibones thanks for sharing this idea, it's received a quite a few votes from others in the community. I wanted to let you know that unfortunately this won't happen for Blaze but I think it's a good idea and would be applicable for other future products, so I will leave it open for other devices. Thanks for sharing!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Buckeye4Life
First Steps
I’d like to be able to customize the length of time for the snooze alarm. It is currently 9 minutes but I prefer about 5 minutes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Buckeye4Life, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change the snooze duration on Fitbit smartwatches. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.