Apple Music streaming for Fitbit devices

Is there any possibility of being able to choose what music streamer you want to use on the Fitbit ionic such as Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play Music etc.  Can it be a possibility in the near future for people who cannot access Pandora because they do not live in the United States, and even if you are in the u.s you would have the option to choose the music provider that you normally use.  Because i LOVE some good music in the background while i work out or just go for a jog and it will be even better if i don't even need to have my phone with me to do so!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

57 Comments
Status changed to: New
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Exercisemaniac thanks for posting this suggestion. We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time. Watch this space!

fretnutt
Base Runner

People still use Pandora? 

@Exercisemaniac wrote:

Is there any possibility of being able to choose what music streamer you want to use on the Fitbit ionic such as Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play Music etc.  Can it be a possibility in the near future for people who cannot access Pandora because they do not live in the United States, and even if you are in the u.s you would have the option to choose the music provider that you normally use.  Because i LOVE some good music in the background while i work out or just go for a jog and it will be even better if i don't even need to have my phone with me to do so!

Nfinished
Recovery Runner

+1. Google Music support is a make-or-break feature for me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Pretty much everything supports FLAC nowadays. A lot of people have their entire music connections only on FLAC. In fact it's become so common even Apple could not ignore it and they will now be supporting it on their latest devices. So please support FLAC lossless audio compression in the media player!!

Amro.G
Recovery Runner

I never intend to use Pandora since I pay a lot to other subscriptions. Could please bring YouTube Music to the watch? I have all my good songs there, and my watch is arriving Friday.

Thanks.

Sideh
First Steps

I would love to see Google Play Music integrated into this. Only one solution is not really a feature but a sponsorship in my mind. A lot of people subscribe to get their music and only one option is rough, especially when I am already invested in other companies. 

Thanks.

Tayshon
First Steps

Being able to use Google Play Music would be really nice, most of my friends who are my age (22) don't download music so streaming services are what we use and none of us use pandora. We are all on Spotify or Google Play Music so having that would be really nice. 

ActiveBret
Jogger

Please include Google Play Music. It's what my entire family uses.

atrainsacomin
First Steps

+1 to the fact that Google play is a make or break feature for a watch at this price point.

SigurdLars
First Steps

Very dissapointed. Thought Spotify was possible to control from the new Ionic.
When I bought the clock I was told that there were lots of apps and choose from.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

"When I bought the clock I was told that there were lots of apps and choose from."

I'm not doubting you but when you say these things you really should quote the source.

kdarbha
Stepping Up

Google play music is very important for. If Google Play music is supported I would buy at least 3 more ionic watches for my family

@Exercisemaniac wrote:

AlleyS11
First Steps

I really want to buy your Ionic watch however I chose not to because of the music technology. I don’t know anyone who still uses windows media player of ITunes. You need to update this and partner with the worlds 2 largest music apps- Spotify and google play. If this has of been an option I would have purchased it hands down! 

1ucy
First Steps

Hey Fitbit! I LOVE my new ionic, but it would be even better if I could link it to my Deezer music app..

Nothing better than running with your fav music for motivation don't you think?! Fingers are crossed! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Exercisemaniac thanks again for posting this suggestion. I just wanted to share a quick update regarding new music streaming options for Ionic. We are glad to inform that Deezer will be available for download on 2018. Watch this space for further updates! 

Nfinished
Recovery Runner

Oh wow I must have missed all of those comments requesting Deezer.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Google Music app would increase the usefulness of this watch tremendously!

P.S. what is Deezer? 

Nikoftime
First Steps

Deezer?! Problem solved I guess.

Spotify, Google Music, Apple Music and maybe Amazon music.  That's pretty much all you need to spend your resources on Fitbit.

Not too many people bother with much else. Whomever prioritized Pandora and Deezer integration before any of the relevant music services should probably have their heads checked.

krazyjase
Jogger

The Ionic is very limited to how music can be played on it.  One can either download their own music through a painstakingly slow and buggy process of transferring over WiFi from PC to the Ionic or downloading a limit of 3 offline stations from Pandora.  There is no streaming ability for Pandora over WiFi and there is not even a way to pick which 3 stations are downloaded to the watch unless you want to choose 3 from the limited number of exercise related stations.  The Ionic needs a more user friendly methods of loading and streaming music and the ability to use other music streaming services.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Another vote for Google Play Music from a long-time Google Play Music user in Canada, where Pandora is not available.

maisieprince
Recovery Runner

Please add Spotify!

KentW
Recovery Runner

Google play (primary music I use)
Could use amazon prime music (but I would need to setup lists.

Since I have access to two music libraries ... hard to justify subscribing to a third one just to use on the ionic.  Currently doing downloaded music (which would be much more effective if managed from the mobile app vs. from windows media player which I don't use for anything other than for uploading to ionic. With Google Play Music or Amazon Music it would eliminate the cumbersome upload to ionic and make it all transparent.  Everywhere I workout has WIFI so the Ionic could stream easily. 

dmsperb
First Steps

This would be an awesome addition.  I love the Ionic,  but was VERY disappointed at the limited music capability.  Serious deficiency, that will make me look closer at options in the future, and could make the Ionic my last Fitbit watch (it’s my 3rd fitbit -  had the charge HR and Blaze previously, enjoyed each one)  

BlackCat7
Recovery Runner

Google play music is widely used and should be incorporated into the ionic

nanaroo
Recovery Runner

Google Play Music is a must have. 

Bonus points for having ability to pin playlists, songs, and/or stations to Ionic from phone.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.