Add ability to dim the display on the ACE

I think the ability to dim the display on the ACE would be helpful. It is extremely bright when a child is wearing it to bed and it lights up when they move their arm too hard. Or possibly the feature to turn off the display at certain times while still tracking the stats. 

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Snwngel1981! I like this idea. It will benefit all the users that want to save some energy on this too. Thanks for your suggestion.

DramaQueenDiva
Marathon Racer

I was just wondering if this does get implemented, could it happen for the Alta/Alta HR models too?  I have the Alta HR and I have the same problem.

Steve-F
First Steps

This would also be a great feature to dim the screen on the Charge 2. It lights up the room when worn to bed! If you could set a time for the screen to dim to say 50% or when the app reminds you to go to bed.

TaliaSpring
First Steps

Yes!! My charge 2 will wake me up at night with how bright it is! A dim option when it reminds you to go to bed would be so awesome! I am kind of surprised this hasn’t already been implemented.

Sandella
Jogger

I totally agree for my Alta HR. It should automatically dim when it knows you are sleeping. It does help to turn off Quick View, but annoying to have to do every time and turn back on next day.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our newest Fitbit Ace 3. Kids can now enable the sleep mode on their trackers to turn the screen dim. You can find more details about this new Fitbit device here.

@Snwngel1981, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes - you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.