Add more Fitbit devices to UHC (United Healthcare Motion) Program

This feature is meant to ask for the an increased number of Fitbit devices to be added to the UHC Program, aside from the already included Charge 2.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

123 Comments
ccaatx
First Steps

Add Versa to the compatible list of Fitbit trackers for the UnitedHealthcare Motion program.

Currently the Fitbit Charge2 is the only tracker that works with the UHC motion program. UHC serves over 115 million individuals as of 2016 data. Let’s multiply that by $150-$200 per Fitbit tracker sold to estimate the revenue.

In my company of 30, 19 have Fitbit Charge2 because we don’t like the step tracker that comes with the UnitedHealthcare Motion program. That’s just over $3,000 alone.

It would be nice to have options.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello there @ccaatx, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community.

In this case we are talking about a wellness program, which certain guidelines may not apply or cannot be change easily. Nonetheless, I will forward your feedback to our teams to consider this in the future. As you already know Charge 2 is the only tracker that will sync with the UnitedHealthcare Motion program at this time and you are right it wold be great addition to have other options.

For more and other details please review our dedicated article in our help section here.

See you around and thank again for your feedback.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Roberto,

So according to UHC Motion CSR, Fitbit is in charge of what devices work with UHC Motion program. So any time frame as to if the Versa will be included?

Thanks,

Email from UHC Motion CSR: 

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I am happy to help. I am sorry we do not get to pick the devices that are used with the program. When we partnered with Fitbit, they advised the charge 2 would be the compatible tracker. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you and I hope that you have a great day

Jessica A

Customer Service Representative

UnitedHealthcare Motion

UnitedHealthCareMotion@unitedhealthone.com

cleighud
Stepping Up

I'd like to second the request to add the Versa to the UHC Motion program. It appears that the choice of what trackers to make available is up to Fitbit, and the Charge 2 is the only one they have chosen to make available. 

So, Fitbit, please add the Versa! I have to buy a tracker for this program. I WANT to buy the Versa. I actually had it preordered and ready to purchase before I found out it (inexplicably) wasn't an option. Please, let me give you my money. 

ccaatx
First Steps

Roberto,

received an email 04/06/2018 from UHC that references they are adding new trackers.  Any insight on this?

We are excited for you to continue to participate in UnitedHealthcare Motion™, a program designed for healthier living. UnitedHealthcare Motion™ can help motivate employees and covered spouses to do more of what they may already do: walk! It provides immediate feedback on goal achievement, and rewards members.

We continually evaluate and enhance the program throughout the plan year. You may have noticed that we are adding new activity trackers to the catalog to provide more choice for you and your colleagues. We are also making adjustments to our F.I.T. goals to reflect the needs and challenges of our Motion walkers. Effective 4/8/18 for new members to Motion and at the time of renewal for existing members, we are changing the Frequency goal to 500 steps in 7 minutes, 6 times a day. This is intended to provide you with more time to meet your frequency goal while also encouraging you to achieve more steps. Intensity and Tenacity goals will remain the same for the foreseeable future”

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello there @ccaatx and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @cleighud and @SunsetRunner. My apologies for the late response.

I was reading your posts about adding more trackers to the UHC motion program, including our new Fitbit Versa. As moderators we have no details of this information yet. So at this time I cannot deny or confirm these information. The official word we have available, can be found here: What should I know about using my Fitbit tracker with the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Motion program?

I will keep an eye on this for future updates and if something new arise, I will make sure to keep you posted.

tjamscad
Jogger

The Ionic and Versa both record and log the same data that the Charge2 does. Samsung gear sport is compatible with the UnitedHealthcare Motion program. Fitbit needs to get on this, google health cloud won't do much good if you devices won't sync with providers.

mark714--
Jogger

Add fit bit Surge.

playermac
Stepping Up

Please add  Ionic Too.

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @tjamscad, and @mark714--. Welcome to the Forums @playermac.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Please do know that we appreciate any and all feedback we receive and as soon as we have any news on the situation we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

JusJes537
Jogger

Will the Charge3 automatically work if the Charge2 did?  If not, please add it to the list!! 

Thanks!!

TampaStorm
First Steps

I don't think it's going to any time soon, but I'm also searching all over the web to find out! I just bought 2 that are being delivered tomorrow. 😞

JusJes537
Jogger

Let us know!  My current Charge2 is dying rapidly & I would rather upgrade than just replace, but the UHC Motion compatibility is more important than the other upgrade features, sadly.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I currently own the Charge 3 and it does not work with the UHC Motion program at this time. I doubt it will in the near future either due to the lack of updates to the Motion app and UHC / Fitbit being very reluctant to add additional trackers.

TampaStorm
First Steps

Really appreciate the response. I guess I'll "return to sender" tomorrow. 

JusJes537
Jogger

Guess I'll be ordering the cheaper tracker then.  Sorry FitBit ... less profit for you.  : (

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. 

At this moment we do not have anything to announce on the matter. Please know that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. 

Let me know if you have any further questions on the matter.

TampaStorm
First Steps

I dunno  I find it odd that the fitbit.com store doesn't sell the Charge 2 anymore. 

LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @TampaStorm.

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can vote or comment on the idea to show their support. If you do, be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @ccaatx and commentors! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Cubbs1
First Steps

Yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the Charge 3 to the UHC Motion Program!!! I would love to upgrade from my current Charge 2 to a Charge 3, but I will almost certainly not do so unless it's compatible with the UHC Motion program. Adding it to the program would mean sales for Fitbit, and it would mean happy, repeating customers. Failing to add new Fitbit models to the UHC program will mean we all have to consider other models (from other brands) when it's time to upgrade out fitness trackers. Why force us away from what we already love? Fitbit!

Pammoery
First Steps

My employer is changing its healthcare provider in January to United Healthcare....while researching motion trackers, I too noticed that Fitbit no longer lists the charge 2 on their website, only the newer charge 3....as it seems possible that there could be a shortage in the supply of the Fitbit charge 2 for those who wish to participate in the United Healthcare Motion program, it would be nice to see the Fitbit charge 3 listed as an option.  

Thank you!

Bosoxxx
Jogger

please add all devices to the UHC Motion program. I dont feel justification is needed if Fitbit want to continue to be the premier activity tracker.

Wamesjaibel
First Steps

I think you should add the charge 3 because i tried to order a fitbit charge 2 and they told me they stopped making them because of the 3.  Now i cant sign up for the united health motion app.

JusJes537
Jogger

@Wamesjaibel try to order through the UHC Motion site. Cheaper there anyway!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.