Add more Fitbit devices to UHC (United Healthcare Motion) Program

This feature is meant to ask for the an increased number of Fitbit devices to be added to the UHC Program, aside from the already included Charge 2.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

123 Comments
Gegoddard
Jogger

United Motion just added the Apple Watch to their devices. I would really like to be able to use the Versa with Motion rather than an Apple watch. Please pass the request on to work with Motion to add the Versa and teh Chareg 3 (both of which are water proof, and the Charge 2 is not).

AbbyGirl86
First Steps

I really wish they would add Versa. I just upgraded last week & now my work is changing to UHC starting next year. I really does rather not have to use 2 different trackers (just to have 1 non-Fitbit tracker for my insurance!!) & as someone rightly pointed out earlier; Charge 2 isn't even sold by Fitbit in their store anymore!

misty588
Stepping Up

My insurance is starting the United Healthcare Motion program in January. At first I was super excited about the chance to earn HSA money while working towards fitness goals, but then I realized that the program would not allow me to use my new Charge 3!  I upgraded to the Charge 3 for the app notifications and the ability to swim with the device. I love everything about the Charge 3, except that it won’t work with United Healthcare Motion. This is a dealbreaker for me and is forcing me to consider returning the FitBit Charge 3 for a supported device (probably the Apple Watch). 

Please add the Charge 3 to UHC Motion!

FredMrRogers
First Steps

I've been a loyal fitbit user for almost 4 years.  Since we've already added United Healthcare as our provider and they have their "Motion" incentive program i'd like to be able to use my existing tracker.  I can understand my Blaze may not be current enough to sync with this program but to have to buy a new tracker that appears as though it is being phased out may force me to buy an IWatch, Samsung, Garmin or some other competing product.  Hate for it to end this way...

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

FredMrRogers
First Steps

This sounds like an auto reply and you didn’t look at what was written. Gee - thanks.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Azereth
First Steps

I feel like Fitbit is really dropping the ball here.   I’ve been a Fitbit user for several years and I’ve really been pushing my coworkers to buy Fitbit for use with UHC motion.   Since I’ve noticed the charge 2 is the only compatible device from Fitbit and is no longer available I’ve been steering them toward alternate devices. I don’t plan on waiting for Fitbit to catch up with it’s users needs or wasting the money I could be gaining to pay for my health.   This is very disappointing. 

mbarnes322
First Steps

I’ve had a FitBit Versa for almost 6 months and I love it.  I was super disappointed to hear that UHC’s Motion program is limited to the Charge 2 only. Wish I had gotten the Apple Watch instead of Versa!  I guess I’ll have to wear 2 devices in order to track with UHC motion. Bummer!  C’mon FitBit peeps... add more devices to UHC motion!

skynova72
First Steps

i dont see why device makes a difference you should only need to give united permission to see your steps.  this is the first health program that has mandated  what device  you are using. why should us fitbit users take a 3 steps back when we already own newer versions. no matter what device of the multiple i have it records the steps to my fitbit account. seems like there is a little politics going on between fitbit and united health care. 

FredMrRogers
First Steps

United Healthcare has indicated that they are told by Fitbit which devices are eligible and Fitbit has mandated that it's only the Charge 2. Seems that Fitbit wants to rid themselves of excess Charge 2 inventory. They're going to rid themselves of some loyal Fitbit users instead!!

cssmitty12
First Steps

So UHC gets a kickback from Fitbit for making the outdated tracker they can't sell, the only one you can get with the program. UHC is being payed to use a tracker with less healthy options for a HEALTHcare plan. Pretty Shady...

jmcmahan
First Steps

This is crazy.  Fitbit is dropping the ball on this.  Charge 2 is still the only device integrated with the United In Motion program.  Please add all fitbit devices to this program.  I own a blaze and my wife owns a versa.  This needs to happen ASAP.  I used to work for a fortune 5 company and all devices were acceptable on their wellness program.  United Healthcare has 49 million members.  Thats a lot of potential revenue for Fitbit!

dmcmahan
First Steps

add versa and blaze and all fitbit devices.  This is unacceptable to be forced to use a single device because Fitbit controls this!

FredMrRogers
First Steps

Yes - they need to do it soon. I've started looking at models of Apple Watches.........

Gegoddard
Jogger

I called UHC Motion about another matter and asked them about the Fitbit issue. They advised me they will be adding the Charge 3 "sometime in 2019"... 

Vive827
First Steps

Echoing the overwhelming consensus that Fitbit ought to be supporting current technology and partnering with UHC. Seems like an obvious choice to make your products compatible. Please add the charge 3 and the versa. 

JusJes537
Jogger

Not to kick us FitBit users in the teeth, but this morning I got an email that the Apple Watch 4 was just added to UHC Motion program!

Come on FitBit! I want an Ionic (or at least a Charge 3)!

jmcmahan
First Steps

i got the same email this morning.  Looks like i may have to switch to a apple watch, if FItbit does not correct quickly.

MChihal
First Steps

I would like to also request that the Versa be added to the UHC program.  I love my Versa but was surprised this was not supported in the program.

Maytag67
First Steps

I would like the Ionic Adidas Edition added to the United Healthcare Motion device list as well.  I to am considering purchasing an Apple Watch.  

Chris

CatGardner123
First Steps

Spoke to a UHC Motion representative today and he stated they are going to roll out the Fitbit Charge 3 in March 2019

lisadenay
First Steps

I would hope that Fitbit add more watches to  the UHC Motion program. I currently have the Versa, but Im thinking of switching to Samsung, just so I can take advantage of this program. This opportunity can greatly increase your sales. Please consider adding the Versa. Thanks

LisaSmiley Happy

FredMrRogers
First Steps

After 4 years.....Goodbye Fitbit!  I waited almost two months for you to add devices to the UHC program with no results.  With no belief anything will change I've ordered an Apple Watch.  

cssmitty12
First Steps
Had the Versa but I ended up getting the Samsung Gearsport since it is available to use with this program. Really happy with it. Does more than the versa too.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
kirktav
First Steps

Is this really a Fitbit issue?  The developer of UHC motion is Fortify Technologies.  It is usually the developer of the app that is responsible for connection to a third party app such as Fitbit.  I bet United Healthcare Qualcomm Life partnership hired Fortify Technologies to build the Motion App and in the contract, they only included the Charge 2 and didn't contract for any other Fitbit devices.

So you should all be **ahem**ing to UHC, Qualcomm Life, and Fortify Technologies to get the app changed to support the Charge 3.  UHC & Qualcomm Life are ultimately to blame for this issue because they haven't wanted to spend the money to pay Fortify Technologies to update the app with this feature request.

Qualcomm - Qualcomm Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm, leverages its global connected health ecosystem and connectivity expertise to provide secure data transfer from the devices, to the Motion app and to UnitedHealthcare. Qualcomm Life also enables the BYOD model to allow the integration of more activity trackers into the 2net Platform and UnitedHealthcare Motion, providing participants with more choice.

Have other questions?

Visit www.unitedhealthcaremotion.com to sign up, log in, and see more FAQs from the website's main menu, the "three-bar/hamburger icon." The FAQs can also be accessed when you are logged into the UHC Motion mobile app: main menu icon, ". . . more," and Online Help. Or, write to us at uhcmotion@qualcommlife.com.

The original announcement of the UHC and Qualcomm Partnership -https://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/unitedhealthcare-qualcomm-launch-mobile-enabled-wellness-prog...

For more information about UnitedHealthcare Motion, contact Customer Care at 1-855-256-8669, TTY 711 or email info@unitedhealthcaremotion.com. Virtual Visits are part of your health benefits which are administered by UnitedHealthcare. You can expect to pay a portion of the costs according to your medical plan.

Motion

Offered By

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 and I am losing 3 dollars a day because I can't connect to the Charge 3.  If you multiply the amount of money they are not having to pay out, it is probably pretty substantial.  No incentive to move quickly.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.