Allow Spotify offline on Versa series and Sense

After long time Fitbit released a Spotify app for Ionic/Versa (for now only on Versa 2). See this suggestion now marked as solved.

However this app does not allow to download music for offline listening (for example while working-out).

Hence this new suggestion.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

328 Comments
iMountainGoat
Jogger

I did just get Deezer working this week from the watch only. It’s a small win since Deezer doesn’t have the library Spotify has, nor anyone’s curated selections since most people have been on Spotify for years now. My point is, that if the tech can function with other apps, this must be a financial compensation issue between Fitbit and Spotify. Google just bought Fitbit so money should not be an issue, guys pay up or have your brand forever damaged by not teeming up with Spotify. My next watch will be a Garmin if this does not get resolved. 

MBD44218
First Steps

I just bought a Versa 3 today and probably should have done more research, but I was shocked to learn that I could not listen to Spotify offline. It seems beyond ridiculous that this is still an issue 2 years later after looking at the initial post. There is still no resolution? Or is this just not going to happen? I plan to return my Versa 3 tomorrow because of this as I thought the labeling and the way it read would allow me to listen to Spotify offline.

Safs
First Steps

Hi, is anything being done about this? I don’t want to buy the Versa 3 unless this issue has been fixed, I need to be able to access offline music when I run. 

iMountainGoat
Jogger
I did get Deezer to work which is ok, still no Spotify though.

Kind Regards
Spanielissimo
Jogger

Just wondering if this suggestion had more votes than the one to bring back offline audio (just shut down and comments locked by fitbit) which was available on previous models. Sort of fixes this problem too doesn't it? Sorry but a bit frustrated.

PeebzNation
Jogger

I will not purchase any wearable by Fitbit until it has built-in GPS support AS WELL AS offline Spotify support. At in I don't need to bring my phone with me to listen to music while I'm out on a run. I will stick with my Charge 3 until Fitbit gets it's act together on this.

MrZonks
First Steps
I upgraded my Charge 3 to a Sense due to onboard GPS, thinking, great, I no longer need to carry my phone on a run...

...And now I see I still need my phone because the Sense can't store media onboard, nor does it connect for offline content with the most used music streaming service.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MrZonks, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see allow Spotify offline on Sense. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

migube
Recovery Runner

hi everyone, 

just bought the sense, seeing some spotify app for it, just to discover only Deezer can store offline audio 😞

Also discovered Google Assistant is not yet available (in my region:(

I'm now hesitating to send it back 😞

can you please confirm any ETA when this might be available to ease my decisions?

tx

mandalyn93
First Steps

I'm upgrading from a Charge 3 to a smartwatch. I love Fitbit for its health tracking, but not having the ability to download my Spotify premium playlists and play them on a run is a MAJOR turnoff and makes me want to get an Apple Watch. Fitbit--PLEASE make an interface that allows Spotify premium users to download and play their music offline. I want to keep all my Fitbit stats while also being able to go for a run without my phone in tow.

RobIgoUK
Strider

Hi @mandalyn93 

personally I went from an Ionic which only used Deezer to a Fitbit Charge 4 (which is great for running as it has the GPS) and I bought one of these to listen to Spotify - https://www.mightyaudio.co.uk/

Works great for me!

mandalyn93
First Steps
Wow! Oh my goodness, that looks like a little iPod Shuffle! My my my, how the old becomes new again.

Thank you for the recommendation!
dave_247
Recovery Runner

We are a family of 6 committed fitbit Users, and Spotify lovers. We have bought Blaze, Charge 2, 3, 4. I was on the brink of buying a Versa 3 or Sense upgrade to be able to run without my phone (with GPS and music) , but stopped when I realised Spotify Offline is not supported. I am considering a switch to Garmin - because I am not going to switch away from Spotify. I would much prefer to have a Fitbit that supported offline Spotify. Dear Fitbit team - please fix this gap! It would make Versa and Sense an almost perfect product for runners who want music.

RobIgoUK
Strider

Hi @dave_247 

my recommendation is to keep everybody on Fitbit, I moved from Fitbit Ionic (which was using Deezer offline though very clunky / unreliable) to a Fitbit Charge 4 which I love, but on my runs I bought and use one of these: - https://bemighty.com/products/mighty-vibe

Brilliant little product for Spotify offline use - I hope this helps.

cheers

Rob

RandomToast
First Steps

Huge up vote from me on this feature. My wife's Garmin Venu has offline Spotify. I wanted to stay with the fitbit family so recently bought a Sence. Annoying not to have it  very annoying  Hope you can get this sorted asap Fitbit. I'm not switching to Deezer...

Bagrzeg
Recovery Runner

Just adding more comments to hopefully get this idea some attention again. This alone would keep me on the path of an upgrade to Fitbit Sense. Also not switching to Deezer.

iMountainGoat
Jogger

Come on guys! I’m losing hope that Fitbit will do the right thing for their community. Spotify + Fitbit makes Fitbit way stronger! Deezer is a pile of dung in comparison, don’t alienate your target audience and force them to leave for 1 better app!

Kuriketto
Jogger

When was the last time someone from fitbit commented on this thread? It would be really nice to get an update or atleast feel like we're being heard. Usually fitbit customer service is pretty good, but I guess thats only on the live chats...

mandalyn93
First Steps
Yeah, I haven't heard an update in a while.
Ronald71
Jogger

Not only offline support for spotify would help the Versa experience, mp3 storage and play on Versa 3 is a must have!

During the decision making of buying a versa3, my impression really was that this was possible.
Only after experiencing that it isn't , and reading closer, Versa3 is restricted and has blocked Versa2 features.
This really is annoying and doesn't make me comfortable with the decision of buying a versa3.
I would not recommend this watch to my friends who wants to leave their phones at home during exercise.

Please make mp3 storage and play available, like it should be.  

bartver
Jogger

Give it up. Offline music will never come to these devices.

Denards
Jogger

The to give up Fitbit guys, move on..  jumping to Garmin. 

Zero updates in 2 years for a feature that should be relatively EASY to setup. 

Ronald71
Jogger
Well, why not try? Hope they will do before moving to an other brand.
Ronald71
Jogger
Well, thats a solution, just leave Fitbit and move to another brand.
bartver
Jogger

Forget it!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.