Allow multiple devices on the same account (Sense/Versa series, Inspire, Charge & Luxe)

Be allowed to have both a Fitbit Versa and a Fitbit Ionic on the same account so you can easily switch between them.

Moderator edit: Title & Labels

2,034 Comments
heat.hawk
First Steps

I have 2 Charge 2's. I would like the ability to have both of them on my account and swap between the 2 when one needs charging. I am aware that you can do this if you have 2 different fitbits, however I do not. And am currently happy with the Charge 2's.

ChristianTO
First Steps

Hello!

We should be able to have more than one device to on the account, I got 2 charge2 devices. Would love to enter them both in one account, and also the posibility to give the devices different names. Like "mr me" ,"my wife", "my kid1" & "my kid2". Please make this happen.

Cheers

PureEvil
10K Racer

@ChristianTO,

You can already have multiple devices on one account.  That feature is described here.  Since much of the Fitbit UI and settings (alarms, etc.) are managed on a per device basis, you may only have one of each model tracker paired to your account.  I've had as many as six paired to my account at once.

That said, based on your name selection, I suspect that this won't work the way you think that it would.  Each account is meant to be used by one person, and to that end any activity from device "my kid1" will likely cancel out activity from device "my kid2" and vice versa.  There is one common dashboard across all devices (not one per device).  If what you really want is to have a tracker for your wife and each of your children, the appropriate way to configure this is to have an account for each, and friend them to your account so you may track their progress.

Edpiamo
Jogger

I agree,. Especially when the Ionic has 3 different color frames.

JeanC1
Jogger

I have three different fitbits:  a flex, a flex2 and an Alta.  They are all on one account and usually work just fine.

My problem is that if you have multiple fitbits, only one can be in proximity of the syncing device at a time. If two are within 30 or so feet (from my experience) the Alta has a problem with syncing.  Sometimes it's more like 50 feet not to cause problems.  I've had to uninstall and reinstall the Alta  because I am told that it will not work correctly if there is another device near.

What if you are in a hotel?  Is there sufficient distance for two fitbits?  I use the flex type because of the water availability but I like the convenience of the Alta so I don't have to wear a watch as well as the fitbit, which I did when I started with the flex many years ago.  The app only syncs them one at a time anyway, so why does the distance cause a problem?  Remember, these are different fitbits, not multiples of the same one.

Note that I am syncing to a computer, not a smartphone.

plswish
Jogger
I have the same issue however not with app on phone which is what I use to
sync my 3 different trackers
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @m_matson, thanks for your suggestion. It sounds interesting, so watch this space for updates. Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @m_matson thanks for sharing. At this time, you can only have one Fitbit smartwatch on the same account, however you can easily switch between two devices and your data will not be lost. If you have an Ionic and Versa, you will need to remove one before you can add the other.

However, we will be directing other members who inquire about this to vote on this feature suggestion, so we can track demand and potentially have this implemented in the future. Thanks!

Tags24
Recovery Runner

Please add and allow to switch between Versa & Ionic watches just like you could do with all of your other trackers !

Tags24
Recovery Runner

I returned my Versa because of this limitation

8BitKid
First Steps

I'm returning my Versa Special Edition as well. This is a huge disappointment and wasn't clearly messaged in any of the marketing materials. Swapping between devices has always been why I've preferred Fitbit.

Tags24
Recovery Runner
I agree; this is a huge mistake that will cost them sales and customers that Fitbit can’t afford to lose. Every other Fitbit product can be used in your account and swapped back and forth except the Ionic & Versa simultaneously!

Terrible business decision!

Sent from my iPhone
carrigfam
Jogger

I would not have bought the versa if I have know I couldn't switch between the ionic I love my ionic and don't want to get rid of it 

carrigfam
Jogger

Would love to see that you can have both ionic and versa on same account hate to get rid of one

Tags24
Recovery Runner
Me also; I pre-ordered and was excited to receive but once I called Fitbit customer service and they confirmed, I returned the Versa the next day.
helicomp
Recovery Runner

Just received my new Versa very great looking tracker, BUT very disappointed it cannot live on the same account as my Ionic!!! MUST be like all other Fitbit trackers that can be on the same account...

helicomp
Recovery Runner

Hay, I have also the "push and hold" the left button to activate my Fitbit Pay!!! what a mess....

helicomp
Recovery Runner

Hay, I have also the "push and hold" the left button to activate my Fitbit Pay!!!  LOST when I switched back to my Ionic, what a mess. look like I have to da a Factory reset in my Ionic...!!!$$###

@m_matson wrote:

Be allowed to have both a Fitbit Versa and a Fitbit Ionic on the same account so you can easily switch between them.

Sorry @m_matson but it is FAR from "Easily" you need to be near WiFi add and enter a pin code, it's a PAIN I will be returning the VERSA, VERY Disappointed...

drtiffa01
First Steps

Hello,

I am in agreement with the group: please add and allow users to switch between the Versa & Ionic watches just like you could do with all of your other trackers.  I am also considering returning the Versa is this option is not added in the short term future.  

Thank  you.

CraigSchroeder
First Steps

It is a pain to go through the whole set-up process eveytime.  I would not have bought the Versa had I known that.  I won’t be adding anymoe fitbits to my fleet if this is how it will be in the future.  Just so you know, I have a Versa, Surge, Blaze, Ionic, Alta, Flex, Zip, and Aria Scale.  Very dissappointed!

Tags24
Recovery Runner
Having to go through the whole setup process every other day is not a solution.

And the moderators have removed multiple posts from me that criticized them for not allowing their loyal users to use the Ionic and Versa simultaneously or providing a solution.

So instead of resolving the problem they are censoring their loyal customers! My family owns the Ionic, Blaze, Charge 2, Alta & Aria scale and I just returned the Versa. This was not the type of customer service that I expected from Fitbit and I am questioning whether I should remain a customer?

This type of customer service may explain why Fitbit stock is $5.32/share.
8BitKid
First Steps

At this point, I'm debating doubling-down on HealthKit as an ecosystem and getting an Apple Watch when the Series 4 eventually comes out. I can't believe this functionality was not only omitted, but not in the messaging. If it had said, "Note: you can only have one watch synced to your account" I wouldn't have bothered pre-ordering it.

Tags24
Recovery Runner
Exactly; why would you want to preclude your loyal clients from buying and using your 2 most recent and expensive products simultaneously?

Apple is Fitbit’s biggest competition and they would never do that! In fact although their is only 1 Apple Watch design, you can have multiple Apple watches connected simultaneously if you didn’t want to change bands back and forth.

I am not a big fan of the current Apple Watch OS compared to the original OS but I will strongly consider the Apple Watch series 4 in September due to this Fitbit mistake, their lack of response to this problem and their attempt to censor me by removing 2 of my posts so far from this forum for criticizing them!
Darkchaos
First Steps

I am really disappointed. I love my ionic and I was really excited for the versa preordered it and everything but, now not sure what to do. I was planing on swapping them out depending on what I was doing but I am not sure it is worth the hassle. I am be returning the versa. Very disappointed.

KSL1971
Jogger

Would like to see an update so you can use the Ionic and Versa all on one account like other trackers. I'm just saying my 2 Apple watches do this without an issue, so I hope Fitibit can figure this out soon...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.