Allow multiple Fitbit devices of the same model on one account

I would love to have the app allow for multiple fitbits, of the same model, to be synced to the account.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

64 Comments
DavidWill
Recovery Runner

This question seems in various forms to have been asked for a few years now without resolve. I have a Versa 3 that I use in the office and for most daily use, I also have a Charge 4 that I like to use hiking and trekking, or when I am doing any heavy working that could damage the Versa, but to use it I had to register on a separate account. I would love the option to switch between two Fitbits on the same account, as otherwise my weekly goals are split between 'un-related^accounts, which seems counter-productive to me.

Please, please, please address this. I know I am not alone in wanting this, especially as with older models it would work.

krayzierone
Recovery Runner
DavidWill
Recovery Runner
Thanks, I had seen that but being as it was 'under consideration' in 2014,
I think if we want this feature we really have to keep it as an active
theme.
Trvr2019
Jogger
I agree. I think Fitbit users need to support this and keep asking for this fearture.
Gardenluv
Recovery Runner

I bought two Charge 5 trackers in two different colours. The black one looks more casual and the gold one a little dressier so I thought it would be nice to have both these options. I'm very disappointed that I can't easily switch between them in the app. Why would Fitbit force me to choose one tracker? Wouldn't it make more business sense to allow customers to have multiple trackers if they so choose? So I'm now trying to decide which one to return. I wonder how much money they are losing with this limitation?

aprilfrresh
First Steps

The whole App Gallery thing is plain stupid. Fitbit-- Fix it so consumers can use multiple devices across the board. Why did they even update the software to have the App Gallery? Guaranteed they can code it in to allow multiple "App Gallery" devices. Until then, it's a MASSIVE disservice to not CLEARLY list incompatibilities on packaging and everything. What a joke! Fix it. You owe it to your customers who have invested time and money in adopting your products. Horrible service.

aprilfrresh
First Steps

AND you're telling me this isn't the MOST requested feature? Come on. Help your customers out here.

TBC01
First Steps

Agreed! 

My new Sense does not track HR accurately (yes, I've followed all the steps/suggestions for fixing it, several times –– no change). My less-fancy Inspire 2 did a much better job and I'd like to use it during workouts + while doing yard work, etc, when I don't want to risk damage to my Sense. 

Because my Sense is not tracking the higher HR numbers during my intense weightlifting sessions, it's skewing all the other numbers in my readiness score, health metrics, stress management, calories burned, etc., negating the benefits of having a Sense in the first place. It would be nice if Fitbit allowed me to use one of their products that actually WORKS when one of their other products is dysfunctional. 

JamesA78
Stepping Up

Is fitbit every going to explain why they can't add this feature after so many years of people asking for it? Or is the only action to keep moving
them to a single thread to seemingly ignore?  Over eight years now and no explanation as to why they can't add this feature.

vandermude
Recovery Runner

I bought the Inspire 2 as a pedometer to wear on my jeans because I don't a wrist watch as a pedometer. I just bought the Sense to replace a cheap Android phone. I want to use the Sense to measure sleep, O2, and other parameters, but use the Inspire 2 for the definitive pedometer reading. Apparently FitBit, in its infinite wisdom, does not allow this to happen. Only one device at a time.

Until things change, I shall manually enter my pedometer reading from the Inspire 2, but I am very unhappy about this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I REALLY REALLY want Fitbit to make this possible. Apple and several other fitness tracking devices already have this as an option. I work in a location that restricts what devices we can have inside the building. So during the day I want to use my Inspire and the rest of the time my Versa 3, but in order to do that I'd have to have two separate accounts which completely defeats the purpose of having two devices to track ALL of my movements. FitBit, please fix this and bring your devices and company to the next level. I'm seriously considering switching because of this.

HoustonVillan
First Steps

You'd think Fitbit would want to allow 2 devices on an account for the obvious reason they could sell more Fitbits!  I simply want a Fitbit for work and one for exercise which doesn't seem too much to ask for.

DavidWill
Recovery Runner
That was exactly the reason I bought a Versa 3 to go with my Charge, work
and play.
Jthomast8
First Steps

100% agree this should be priority number 1.  This is a no brainer and I am shocked to learn this has been a conversation for so long.  Fitbit do you not want to sell more hardware?

Here is my story.  My wife was given an inspire2 for participation in a health study, which she gave to me.  It was my first smartwatch/tracker.  I liked getting my data so I wanted something to replace my dress watch so i had data for the full day.  I bought a Sense with a dressier ban thinking i could use both, which was obviously wrong.  The most frustrating part is i don’t think Fitbit presents this fact in a clear way.  Their material says “yes you can” with a note that includes all their current models.  So really, no you cant unless you have an obsolete model and a new one.  Shame on me for not reading the note and doing my homework.  I assumed the note was referring to older models.  Now i have spent over 200 dollars on a watch that just makes me mad.  

vandermude
Recovery Runner

The inability of Fitbit to make these changes and the fact that they shuffle us off to a discussion group where we can **ahem** about the problem to no avail is typical of Fitbit's lack of customer service. Typically, the companies with wretched customer service are monopolies like Microsoft and Google (Comcast also). Fitbit ranks right up there. As a programmer and a data scientist, I know that certain changes I have asked about for years are easy to implement, but Fitbit's idea of customer service is to ignore the issues. I had frustrations with Rhapsody for years about the inability to download a human-readable copy of my music library and playlists, but at least they were kind enough to respond to my entreaties along the lines of "Thank you for your suggestion. Nope, we're not gonna implement this. Have a nice life." In Fitbit's case, the response is crickets.

HoustonVillan
First Steps

As a programmer and a data scientist, I couldn't agree more!  I did think about commenting with my newly created second account that I had to create to use the Charge 5 I bought with the money I got from my Ionic recall.  I simply wanted to put a nice strap on the Sense I wear everyday.  I agree that Fitbit use deliberately confusing language when stating you can have more than one device on an account; unless you buy an old device on Ebay, you cannot.  I do wonder if they make this limitation to artificially inflate the number of accounts but, either way, it is a stupid limitation that would be easy to address with the will to do it.

krayzierone
Recovery Runner

I just had my post removed because of legal reasons they can do that but nothing to help the consumer wtf if wrong with this company.... Why don't you moderates do a better job at passing on what the people actually want then you might not have to worry about negative impact posts 

This company get worse each year.

You will loose a good idea to incompetence enjoy.

Nanduu89
First Steps
The app limit only to pair one fitbit luxe at a time.
it is essential to be able to pair all of them with the app at the same time
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nanduu89, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set up more than one Fitbit device of the same model in your account with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Alex56
Stepping Up

Agree with all - if I must open a new account with my new Fitbit (Charge 5, existing Inspire HR) then the tech guys/gals should allow me to in some way link the 2 accounts together.  I would be more than happy to have 2 accounts and link them to see my stats in total.

Thank you!

If anyone is reading this and agrees make sure you click on the thumb up so that the powers that be pay attention.

mattmik
First Steps

Yes, please add this.  My wife runs Apple products and she has and old watch for outdoors and a new watch for office/inside.  Such a slick feature that makes Fitbit look like old tech.  I am seriously pondering going to team Apple just for this and how refined everything is.  It is ridiculous the Fitbit can't implement something similar.  I don't always want to risk my Sense when I have an old Versa 2 sitting in the box.  Please get with the time guys.  I would hate to have to go team Apple.

JLekkas
First Steps
I would like to alternate between Fitbits but collect the info into one account. I have two of the Sense fitbits. I would like to charge one while wearing the other and then swap.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JLekkas, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to have two Fitbit devices of the same model connected in a single Fitbit account with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

JCapps
First Steps
I recently bought a Versa 2 and attempted to upload the device to my app. I usually have one watch for work and one for doing outside/dirty projects. Currently the app lets me upload only one watch. It is a hassle to keep connecting the watch I am wearing depending on what I am doing. It would be nice to be able to connect more than one watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JCapps, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set up more than one Fitbit device of the same model in your account. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.