Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mookielady, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the Relax app on the Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

patrickcu2
First Steps

I strongly agree with this feature recommendation. This was one of my favorite features of my Charge 2. It's disappointing to see that this feature isn't offered on the Charge 5.  The Relax feature is very convenient because of its simplicity... it can be used anywhere without the need for any other device (e.g. headphones, phone, app).  I can use Relax in the morning without waking my partner, use it at night without looking at a bright screen that may disturb my ability to sleep, and use it in various settings in which I'd like to be able to use the feature discreetly (e.g. when stressed in a group setting). Please consider bringing this feature back for Charge 5.

estux
Jogger

Another thing missing from previous versions, how many stuff did they remove?!  😞 Altimeter, weather app, relax app, spotify

Jamie1971
Jogger

I think this is really BAD!!! Tragic

Guided breathing was my favorite feature on the Charge 4 by far, I couldn't work out why you didn't have 10 and 20-minute versions.

Can you please let me know if this can be added back with software upgrade?

If not I will either be forced to return this and switch back to Charge 4 (The replacement band fell off)

Or switch to Apple.

I'm really upset about this.

And you'd taken away the manual side button too. Touch screens can be useless when sweaty.

markp88
Base Runner

This has to come to charge 5!!! The relax app is very powerful to assist in breathing techniques to help calm. This app is very different than the EDA app. 

this app is available on many other older fitbits, it should be able to be ported over into the Charge 5 very easily. 

please make this happen! 

Adrienm
Jogger

This is indeed clearly unacceptable that fitbit removed such a basic and key feature, this does not make any sense and will make me return my charge 5 if fitbit doesn’t show up and confirm they will implement this feature back in the near future. We are paying 100dollars/euros a year for what should be free, that’s enough ! On top of that they make every iteration poorer than the previous (the EDA function is totally useless, nothing to compare with Relax which has a real usage).

« If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. » 

Are you serious ? This is a key feature that of course you removed on purpose, don’t act like you just forgot about it and need us to wake you up, and just tell us instead why you did so because of course you already « discussed » this topic internally. We don’t want to hear your marketing bull**ahem** about suggestions, that’s ridiculous. Fitbit, wake up ! Answer your loyal customers with honesty and stop selling products that are not finished. 

AllStar7
Jogger

What is Fitbits problem here?

I don’t own a charge 5 but I have owned a charge 3 and a charge 2 in the past and they both had a relax app.  My charge 3 also had a weather app.

Fitbit removed both apps?  What is their problem?

At this point I feel like charge 4 is better than charge 5 unless you really are passionate about the ecg eda stuff, i’m not

They are removing features that were very useful on previous models.  Tell me what’s not wrong there.

This is just like how they removed the ability to load our own music onto versa 3 and sense.  This is such a disappointment.

Jamie1971
Jogger
Agreed!!!

And the touch screen is near useless, especially when you're sweating.

It's nice that it's small, but other than that it seems like a disaster for
them. The Charge 4 seems way better.

But I'm thinking of Garmin or Apple. Garmin seem much bigger/bulkier
though, but they have physical button.
SedentaryRunner
Recovery Runner

I agree. My charge 4 broke (band caught and ripped apart the connector) so I decided to upgrade the the charge 5. The removal of the relax app does not make sense that was an amazing feature perfect for calming down before bed or getting focused when stressed. Please add it back.

ted2xusz
Runner

It is on Luxe which has same user interface. Please bring this to Charge5

Kruper515
First Steps

Agreed. Guided breathing is pretty much standard on every other fitness tracker on the market….

markp88
Base Runner

A929B4AB-9E26-4CCD-B804-7B3F51B80912.png

6CAACABD-3E5C-4008-9D71-24A8F2A0CF13.png

In the Fitbit App it shows the Relax app for the charge 5. It’s unavailable, but the screenshots show that the relax app is on the charge 5. 

Not sure why they would do this if there currently is no intention to implement it…

that being said…please implement this app! It’s a necessity! EDA scan doesn’t compare. To calm yourself and do a quick relaxing breathing session, it’s amazing to do it on the device.  I can’t and won’t turn on a guided meditation video in the middle of the office. But I can do the relax app and just sit quietly and breathe! 

please bring this to the charge 5 asap! 

StephanBoudreau
First Steps

BRING BACK RELAX NOW!
Huge mistake.

it was one of my favourite apps…  

No app, no Charge5

You have 2 days to confirm, before I sent you back the Charge5. And I won’t go back to another Fitbit sport band.

thanks.

Hunter8602
First Steps

I have a charge 3 with the relax app and would not have upgraded to the charge 5 if I had known that the relax app was not available on the 5. It would be deeply appreciated if the relax app was included for charge 5  asap.

Marjolaine79
Jogger

So sad and disappointed the Relax app had been removed on Charge 5.

was using it daily before going to sleep on my previous Charge 2 and 3.

ECD is not helpful at all since you have to hold the Fitbit sides for 3 minutes, which become quickly uncomfortable, so not relaxing at all.

bring the Relax app back with more time options!!!

rafeit
Jogger

What's worse: I have the Charge 5. This morning I opened the app on my phone only to see a suggestion to try quick guided breathing with Fitbit Relax. "Oh, what's that?" It sounded useful and something I want so I searched thru the app, help, into Premium content looking for guided breathing labeled "Relax" and elsewhere. Only eventually to find it in Apps and it said unavailable for my device. For gawdsake, at the very least, don't feed the offer to try Relax to the phone app connected to the Charge 5 device. You RAISED my blood pressure and heart rate by causing me to do a frustrating search for what isn't even available.

LetsWalkNow
First Steps

Please bring back the relax app! One of the reasons I bought the Charge 5 was because this app is advertised and I feature I used frequently to nurture my personal wellness. It was a great feature and we NEED it back!! Please and thank you!

shae666
First Steps

Oh **ahem**, I'm a first time user and brought the charge 5 for this feature  😵💔

CalvinK
First Steps

I was so disappointed when I found out about this a month ago and since that day I have been checking my Fitbit app every single day hoping that one day the install button is enabled. I hope someone from Fitbit can give us their definitive answer on this.

Jdreulet
First Steps

Bring the Relax App to Charge 5 please!!! 

judithli
First Steps

I just switched from charge 2 to charge 5, very disappointed to find relax app is gone! please bring back the relax app, much better than audio guided meditation, because sometimes in the office environment we don’t want to bother others with audio, and breath session offered by relax app is the perfect medication. Please keep it!

Dmiranda10
First Steps

Upgraded from charge 3 HR to 5 and didn't think I'd miss this app but I actually really do.  Switching back to my old one for a while while this hopefully gets sorted out via software update. Also the weather app is missing.... How'd that happen?

Vadimych
First Steps

Bring back the relax app to Charge 5!

sangeetsatheesh
First Steps

Please bring back the relax app. How could you remove one of the best game changing apps you have? It really does make a difference. Fitbit, listen to your customers!

Saratvamsi
Recovery Runner

Yes, pls bring back the relax app. It is very useful.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.