Make Charge 3 quick view more sensitive (so screen turns on easier)

Supposedly rotating your wrist towards you activates the Charge 3 clock face, but mine doesn't seem to respond to rotating...or shaking...or tapping...I usually end up having to push the button to check the time, which is annoying and inconvenient at best. Since displaying the time is the primary function of a watch, can the clock face be made more sensitive to movement? Or better yet, can there be a low-power "always-on" clock face setting that can be activated during the day?

51 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @SunsetRunner! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Wink

asoficosta
First Steps

I know some people as asking for customisable Display Timeout but I think you also should create an option to allow Display Always On during workouts.

AlanInAustin
First Steps

I'd love to see an option where, if toggled on the mobile app, that the display would remain on during a run workout. The batteries on these devices are really great, and I'd be happy to sacrifice some hours of run time for this. When I go out for say a 45-minute run, being able to glance at my stats quickly would be really handy without any exaggerated wrist movement.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlanInAustin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

macklee
Jogger

I need an Always On toggle for my new Charge 3.

One of my biggest complaints is the unreliability of tapping the screen and raising my wrist to wake my watch - leaving me looking at a blank screen. I understand that this would cause my fitbit to drain battery much more quickly but it should be up to the user to decide whether they want to sacrifice battery for this convenience.

With the Always On toggle, I can reliably look at my watch, especially when I'm working out, and know that the information that I want is right in front of me. My girlfriend is a med student and needs to use the stopwatch feature without having the screen turn off after 5 seconds while she's measuring pulses. It is so frustrating when the screen doesn't wake or turns off while I'm watching the stopwatch and makes me want to return this so-close-to-amazing product.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @macklee! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This suggestion already exist, this is why I moved your suggestion here. Do not forget to give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Missteee18
First Steps

Desperately need an always on feature or I have to exchange my Fitbit charge 3 . The Fitbit charge 3 doesn’t respond to rotation g wrist and I can’t see the timer and it my heart rate when working out. Is this option coming soon!? Need to know ASAP 

aanddmom
Jogger

Hitting the button on the left (my non-dominant hand) means reaching around VERY NOTICEABLY to check the time. Can you please find a way to leave the clock on?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aanddmom! Thank you for sharing your idea. I moved your suggestion into this one because they are very similar. Please do not forget to vote by clicking on the thumbs up button.

aanddmom
Jogger

Why doesn't my Charge 3 record my sleep when I nap?

Sparky415
First Steps

Charge 3 always on or activation with wrist turn is essential. I have returned the Charge 3 because it is unusable without this feature. 

Nautika1
Jogger

The display needs an always on clock period along with not shutting down the display while using a feature like stopwatch. It is USELESS if the unit shuts off the display while using the stopwatch.

Garmin devices are always on and doesn't shut the display down while using a feature.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

You guys! I discovered the perfect solution: I ditched the FitBit Charge 3 and bought a Garmin Vivosmart 4. It's fantastic: superior to the Charge 3 in every way. Highly recommended.

Hamster92
First Steps

I just got a Charge 3 as a present .my first Fitbit but so far I need an always on clock face or I need to wear a watch as well . Blank screen and me waving my arm every time I need to check the time is no good .

overthehill27
Jogger

My charge 3 needs a display awake senistivity setting to make it easier to review my results especially during workouts, I struggle to workout and this is compounded by me trying to get my charge 3 to light up so I can monitor my workout result on an ongoing basis.

Why can't the Charge 3 remain awake during workouts, or at least stay awake for a longer duration? This again should be adjustable.  ( I realize this would be an impact on battery life, but i do think functionality should be a priority over battery life)

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @overthehill27 thanks for your suggestion. I've moved it into a similar request. Keep sharing your ideas.

techfeasible
Jogger

Improve turning the screen on when moving the wrist. The screen turns only on in very specific movements which need to be executed as a conscious motion and then it still takes a good 1-2s for it to actually animate on. This wastes a lot of time compared to the always on display on the Pebble. It usually makes the Charge 3 useless as a wristwatch and I rather take out my phone to check the time.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @techfeasible , thank you for sharing your idea.  I've placed your request here, as this request is very similar to yours. Please let us know if you have more suggestions. 

techfeasible
Jogger

@JuanFitbit thanks. It's very similar but apart from a sensitivity setting it's still important to improve the actual speed of it turning on since it sometimes seems that it didn't get your movement but then the screen does turn on, it just took 2 seconds and in that time I have already lowered my arm to try again.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@techfeasible Thank you for bringing this details up. I'm sure that with the sensitivity, the loading time would also be improved. If you have a similar idea, with different or more details, besides, the ones described here, I suggest you to open another suggestion, including all the details so it doesn't get moved or merged with another one. 

SidLondon
First Steps

I just bought the Charge 3 and have realised that the screen does not stay on. Further more the wrist movement and screen tapping to view the display is very unreliable.

when this product is advertised or sold it is not made clear that the display has these problems and therefore I feel that my time and money have been wasted.

The company needs to Ben upfront about the flaws of a product rather than making people buy the next version which contains a fix. Ridiculous.

Chollings
First Steps

Just bought a charge 3 and am shocked that this basic feature is absent!  Returning tomorrow and going back to Garmin. 

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody, thanks for showing your support for this request. Please share your feedback about the sensitivity of Charge 3 recently. We'll be happy to hear from you. Thanks in advance! 

techfeasible
Jogger

In normal daily use it seems alright although there is still a delay of half a second to a second when I turn my wrist.

Yesterday at the gym it was not working great. I wear the watch on the underside of my wrist in the gym and it requires a large deliberate movement to turn on.

nikki429
Jogger

I'm in the medical field and desperately need an always on display for taking vitals. I know this will use more battery, but I am ok with charging the device while not at work in order to have it work to my benefit while working.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.