Customizable clock faces for Charge 3

I don't really like any of the watch face combinations to be honest. I like the Asymmetrical the best but wish the date was in place of the heart rate. Why don't they let us customize what is displayed top to bottom. Let us choose what is displayed with every different clock look. This would be brilliant.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

61 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @derekmski101. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Wink

Sue_SB
Jogger

I'd like to see the heart rate in large print, with time in small print.  Thanks.

JustinTarpley
First Steps

I also agree,

wish there was more clock faces with: the date, the time and the day of the week on one clock face.

example the punctual clock face, instead of the seconds on the bottom put the day of the week. Would have been perfect!

Still love my Fitbit and still use it. Just something to think about.

eddie27
First Steps

Simply put, just let the user customize what they want to see on the watch face. Whether it be two, three or for objects on the clock face. At least let us customize it since we can't create our own clock face.

Bektek
First Steps

I agree. I work in health care and would like to see a digital clock with seconds for taking heart rates on patients. The analog works but would like the option of digital.

OFbitR
Jogger

It would be great if you could dynamically create your own clock face.
Break down the clock faces into separate elements that users can select and combine dynamically to create their own prefered clock face style.

One would be able to select the combinations from within the app. and let that unique combination be displayed on the fitbit unit as prefered clock face.

Possible implementation method could be to divide the screen up into an 8 tile (or less) (invisible) grid that you can choose to place the various Clock face elements in.  About the same way you can place widgets on a smartphone.

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification 

OFbitR
Jogger

I completely agree with a customizable clock face option.
I just posted a similar suggestion (in other words)
Did not see this suggestion before.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about creating your own clock face.

Siner
Jogger

On the fitbit charge 3. The clocks don't show what I want them to Or they don't look how I want them to look. Can you make them more customizable? 

I like seeing the date and time as well as my heart rate. You only have one clack that shows all three. I need more options ! 

You should be able to switch them around just like you can on the app! 
Georgeparillo
First Steps

same here I want to see date time and hr. similar to the analog date but remove the clock with hand and just put the numbers for the time 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Siner!Thank you for sharing your idea. This suggestion already exist, this is why I moved your idea here.

Dvheuvel
Recovery Runner

this would take some work, but create widgets out of the existing displayable items:

1) clock

2) date

3) heart rate

4) steps

etc

Let users rearrange and add these widgets to a customizable screen.  For bonus points let advanced users theme/reskin the widgets and maybe create new widgets.

Personally, I've love an onscreen widget that show the number of steps in the current hour.  I'm always peeking at the stats area to see whether I've achieved my hourly move steps and would love to see it on the front screen along with my heart rate, date and time.

ralewast
First Steps

Yes! I want this so badly! I love that my FitBit reminds me to get 250 steps per hour. The little nudge at 10 til is a great reminder to get up and move around a little. I would very much like that info to be on my clock face. I used to just scroll up and leave it on that info for the day. But I guess with the latest update, it automatically goes back to the main clock face now... 😞 

MacMonkeyZ
Jogger

I would love to be able to do that. You could keep the utility bare bones (Time/Date/Steps/Heart) and probably get some great choices. Would you ever let users submit their own designs to you to include in future updates? Or let them upload to their own app?

YasminDavis
First Steps

This honestly makes so much sense. The clock faces offered don't give me the option I want but I can see exactly how easy it would be for the one I want to exist so this feature would solve that. The Analog Date face shows the date and heart rate but with an analog clock face, but the analog face could be so easily swapped for the mod clock and this might be exactly what some people want. Especially considering if they want to then see steps this is at the top of the list underneath when you swipe down (and these cannot be reordered as of yet) 

derekmski101
Base Runner

I would update the title to say dynamic, otherwise people won't find it in the search.

EPuk
Jogger

I totally agree - this is CRUCIAL.

It's brilliant that Fitbit allows users to choose their preferred main goal / primary priorities, be that heart rate, hourly step count, daily step count, daily calories burned or whatever.

Fitbit should follow through by allowing users to choose which stats appear on the clock face.

I want to see the stats that are most important to me at a glance, without tapping and scrolling.

Heart rate and daily step count are the only items (apart from time and date) that appear on the current set of clock faces.

But these are not my top priorities.

So NONE of the clock faces fit my needs.

Rather than simply adding more designs, it would be much better  if we could choose the items which appear on the display.

Speaking personally, the three items I want to see at a glance are:

1. Time (analogue)

2. Date (DD MMM)

3. Steps this hour (xxx/250)

The clock face I chose for my Charge 2 gave me these. I miss it so badly!!!

If there were room for a fourth item, it would be:

4. Calories

But that's just me. Everyone will want a different combination of items. So let us choose!

EPuk
Jogger

PS:

The title of this suggestion is currently "Customizable Watch Faces Charge 3".

But Fitbit calls them "Clock faces" or "Clocks".

Maybe add these terms to the title to make it easier to find?

DenisS
Recovery Runner

Yes I would like to be able to choose what will be on the display. The combinations that are currently available do not fit everyone’s taste and needs. So please Fitbit let us choose what we see on the clock face! 

Thank you you in advance! 

Larry44
Jogger

This would be great for my charge 3

spamment
Recovery Runner

Yes please customizable watch faces would be good!

Karen999
Jogger

I would love to be able to select the number of steps as the featured element. I exercise without my glasses and I can't read the steps without those glasses. Remember there are many of us with "old" eyes (65 and above).

@OFbitR wrote:

It would be great if you could dynamically create your own clock face.
Break down the clock faces into separate elements that users can select and combine dynamically to create their own prefered clock face style.

One would be able to select the combinations from within the app. and let that unique combination be displayed on the fitbit unit as prefered clock face.

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification 

Pomer13107
Stepping Up

User-definable faces would be an obvious solution to this.  I'll hold my breath while they work to implement it!

twomanydogs
Jogger

YES!  A thousand times YES to this comment. Let me pick & choose the 3 or 4 key elements I want on my clock face!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.